Water Damage Restoration in Redding
Restoration Services for Flood Damage of All Kinds
Whether your Water Damage was a result of fire damage, flooding, broken pipe, sewer backup, or an act of Mother Nature, at ServiceMaster by Cronic, we specialize in getting you back into a dry home or office as quickly as possible.
With water damage restoration, time is everything. The longer that property remains wet, the less likely salvaging and full restoration becomes. Porous materials are the most vulnerable to severe damage if they are not dried quickly. These include items like drywall, wood floors or paneling, carpet, fabrics, ceiling tiles, cabinets, and sub-flooring. Worse yet, mold growth can begin on the surface or inside of materials within a matter of 48 hours.
We take the proper steps to professionally dry and restore your walls, floors, carpets and furnishings to ensure that there are no bad odors, mold or mildew development after any water damage.
To learn more about our water damage restoration services in Redding, give us a call today at (530) 278-6918!
Common Causes of Water Damage
A flood emergency inside your home can happen at any time. Even with the best preparation, unexpected circumstances can converge and result in floods, leaks, or other forms of water intrusion. Because a large number of people will face some kind of water damage during their years as a homeowner, it can be helpful to know the most common causes.
Water Damage from Broken Pipes
Water intrusion from plumbing pipes can happen either quickly or slowly. If a pipe completely breaks or bursts, the resulting flood will be very obvious. However, water damage is also common from slow leaks, especially in places like under kitchen cabinets. The best way to protect against this kind of intrusion is to be familiar with the health of your pipes and to replace them when necessary.
Flooding from Appliance Issues
Appliances are another common cause of water damage in Redding. This is especially true of old appliances that are worn down or have been poorly maintained. Washing machines are prone to cause floods when their hoses begin to leak. To prevent this kind of water damage, homeowners should stay up-to-date on the age of appliances and regularly check for leaks around fittings and hoses.
Storms and Flooding Disasters
Natural disasters are yet another cause of water damage in the home. One of the best ways to be prepared is to have a sump pump installed if your have a basement or low-lying area in your home. Proper drainage and grading are also essential to keeping your home dry during storms.
ServiceMaster by Cronic provides the exact combination of services your disaster scenario requires, including:
- 24/7/365 Emergency Response
- On-site within Two to Four Hours of the initial call when required with trained, uniformed staff
- Emergency Water Mitigation Services
- Building Stabilization
- Drying/Dehumidification and Water Extraction
- Experts in Emergency Mitigation and Property Recovery
- Project Management and Consultation Services
- Locally-Owned and Operated business, backed by National Resources
- Works with all Insurance Companies
- Our Water Damage Mitigation Specialist will walk you through the process.
Here are some tips on what-to-do in the event of a water damage in Redding:
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call for professional help.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing you wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
Learn more about our water damage restoration in Redding by calling (530) 278-6918!