Storm Damage Restoration
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I have storm damage?
There are many answers to this question. If a severe storm came through your area you may have damage to your roof and it should be looked at as soon as possible. A few things you can do is:
- Inspect your attic for any signs of leaks or water damage. If you see water dripping from the roof or ceiling, it may be a sign of a leak somewhere in the roof.
- Check around the property for missing roof shingles, pieces of fascia, dislodged siding, or other pieces of debris.
- If the storm produced hail, check for roof damage as well as siding for hail damage. Hail damage is usually seen the forms of dimples, made by chunks of hails.
Should I still call a professional if I do not see any damage to my roof?
For the average business owner, it may be hard to spot subtle but serious storm damage. That’s why it is very important that after a storm, you have a qualified contractor to come and inspect your building. ServiceMaster by Singer has a team of certified professionals experienced with roofing and trained in ways to properly repair roofs.
I see a downed power line, what should i do?
Never touch them. Always assume that a fallen power line is live meaning electricity is still flowing through it, and follow these tips:
- Avoid touching the downed line with your hand or an object, such as a stick, broom or pole.
- Avoid touching anything, such as a car, object or equipment that is in contact with a fallen power line.
- Do not drive over a fallen power line.
- Call 911 immediately to report a fallen power line.
How long do I have to file a claim?
It varies by insurance company, but most insurance policies limit your time to file a claim, within 12-24 months of the storm. Make sure to contact your insurance agent to verify the timeframe in which you can file a claim.
Will my premiums go up if I file a claim?
Filing a single claim should not raise your premiums especially from an “act of God” However if a region is hit by a major storm the whole regions premiums could go up
If you have any questions about storm damage, give us a call at today and we can help answer any questions. We have a reputation in Maryland for quality, integrity, and excellent service. We offer 24 hours, 7 days a week emergency service for storm damage repair. Request help today by calling us at (410) 346-9336, or contacting us online.