If you experience a water leak or indoor flood, time is of the essence. Here are five critical steps to take as quickly as possible.
- Turn off the water. If the water is coming from inside, shut off the main water valve immediately. Everyone should know where the shutoff valve is located.
- Turn off the utilities. If it is a severe leak, shut off the power and natural gas.
- Prevent electrocution. Do not use any electrical appliances if the carpet or floors are wet.
- Use fans to circulate the air. Keep fans running 24 hours a day and use dehumidifiers.
- Call us. ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration by Clean in a Wink works 24/7/365 and is open on all holidays.
For more information about our disaster restoration services, or to schedule an estimate after water damage, call us anytime around-the-clock at (316) 348-4464.