Water Damage Restoration in Yuba City
Water damage is one of the most common situations you’ll face as a property owner – it can happen in several ways, from leaking appliances to flooding or backed up toilets. When these circumstances arise, count on the professionals at ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration - Marysville to quickly be of assistance, returning your property to a healthy and safe environment for everyone. We’re fully licensed and insured, with proven experience handling minor leaks and major destruction from water damages. Our team is standing by 24/7 in case of emergency to quickly send out a specialized crew for rapid remediation.
How To Handle Water Emergencies – Helping You Get Back to Normal
When your property experiences damages, it’s important that you get the restoration services you need so that you can get yourself back to normal as quickly as possible. While you wait for assistance from our professionals, there are several things you can do to minimize potential damages:
What To Do
- Do: Turn off the electricity in any affected areas, unless there is standing water you need to step in to access the switch.
- Do: If there is no risk of electrical shock, unplug and remove small electrical devices.
- Do: Remove area rugs or other flooring items that are not attached to the structure.
- Do: Relocate smaller items such as books or décor to a safe, dry location.
- Do: Use mopping and blotting methods to remove as much standing water as you can.
- Do: Place aluminum foil under the legs of wooden furniture to prevent further damages.
What Not To Do
- Do not: Enter a room with standing water where the electricity is on.
- Do not: Use a regular home vacuum, even if it’s wet/dry, because there is risk of electrical shock.
- Do not: Place newspapers on the ground to protect items or soak up water – newspaper ink can transfer easily.
- Do not: Adjust indoor air temperatures unless a restoration professional instructs you to.