water damage restoration services in Hutchinson
Many homes and businesses must deal with water damage at some point because there are a number of factors that can potentially cause it. Water damage is commonly caused by weather conditions such as rain, floods, and humidity as well as internal factors such as burst pipes, leaking fixtures, and sewage backups. Homeowners in Minnesota should be especially aware of the risks of water damage because of our wet weather and if you discover water damage in your home, it must be dealt with immediately to prevent it from spreading. ServiceMaster Professional Services provides water damage restoration services in Hutchinson to remove excess water from homes and buildings. We are available to respond 24 hours a day to help limit the spread of the damage, saving you time and money on the restoration.
The technicians of ServiceMaster Professional Services use the best cleaning products and equipment of the industry to restore any size loss, large or small. We will remove all excess water and moisture as well as completely dry and restore damaged structural elements, furnishings, and content.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Call ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as you discover the water damage because ignoring it will allow it to spread and cause more damage.
- Clean up the excess water by mopping or blot drying.
- Remove all area rugs and other non-permanent floor coverings.
- Put drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the floor.
- Remove excess water from furniture by wiping it down and propping up the cushions to dry.
- Objects such as paintings and photos should be put in a safe, dry location.
- Water damaged books should be kept packed together on the shelf to avoid warping until we restore them with our specialized drying methods.
- Open up all doors, drawers, and cabinet doors to help dry out your home.
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room with standing water until the power has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner for water removal.
- Do not remove permanent flooring or carpeting yourself, this should be done by a professional.
- Do not use electrical appliances, especially when standing on a wet floor.
- Do not disturb any mold growth.
Common building materials such as wood and drywall can absorb water which allows water damage to spread quickly throughout a home or building and increase the risk of structural damage and mold growth. We will stop the damage from spreading any further once we arrive and we can thoroughly dry structural elements and furnishings with our advanced drying equipment.
Our complete water damage restoration services include the following:
- Complete evaluation of the damage
- Removal of excess water and moisture
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
Call us for your commercial water damage restoration needs (320) 526-2609