Mold Remediation in Park Rapids
Schedule a Professional Mold Inspection Today!
If you come across mold in your home or business, you need a team who can take care of the problem immediately. That’s where ServiceMaster Professional Services comes in. Our Park Rapids mold experts use top-quality products to effectively treat mold and restore comfort and safety to your property as quickly as possible. As the most trusted team of restoration experts, you can count on us to deliver the prompt, reliable service you deserve.
Need to remove mold? Call (218) 394-7954 today to schedule mold remediation in Park Rapids.
Do I Have Mold in My Home?
Mold is a severe problem, so you must know how to identify it on your property.
Below are 8 of the most common warning signs of a mold problem:
- Mysterious puddles of water
- A strong, persistent musty odor
- Drooping ceilings
- Warped walls or floorboards
- Brown, black, green, orange, or white spots
- Unexplained stains on carpeting
- High humidity levels
- Stains or discoloration on building materials
If you suspect you could have a mold problem, turn to ServiceMaster right away. Our team provides comprehensive mold inspections.
How to Get Rid of Mold in Your House
When you find mold in your house, it is important to remove mold before it spreads further into your home. Depending on how severe the mold growth is in your home, you may be able to take care of it. If the growth is less than 10-square feet, then it may be a DIY so long as you are not allergic or sensitive to mold, have the proper protective gear, and have the correct products and tools for getting rid of it. However, if it is more than 10-square feet, it is best to leave it to professional mold removers like the ones at ServiceMaster Professional Services. Our team of experts can ensure that the mold does not spread and that your family and pets are kept safe from the spores during the removal process.
Preparing to Remove Mold
Make sure that you have the proper attire to keep yourself protected during the mold removal process:
- Wear a mask that is rated for protection against mold and mold spores such as an N-95 face mask
- Wear clothes that cover your entire body -- long sleeve shirt and pants
- Wear rubber gloves to protect yourself from mold and the cleaning products
- Wear goggles to ensure that you don’t get mold or spores in your eyes
How to Get Rid of Mold
The cleanup depends on the type of surfaces you are working with. Hard, non-porous surfaces such as window sills or tiles may be cleaned by scrubbing the mold off with a solution of detergent and water.
- Undiluted white vinegar may work for surfaces in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Another option is a bleach solution (one cup of bleach in a gallon of water) -- do not rinse it.
- A 50/50 solution of ammonia and water also helps. Spray it on the affected surface, wait 2 - 3 hours, then rinse it. Caution: do not mix ammonia with bleach or other cleaners because it may create toxic fumes.
Wipe the affected surface with a rag and allow it to dry completely.
For porous surfaces such as drywall, use a rag to wipe off the mold. Do not use cleaning products because they may be too abrasive. If the surface is too porous, it may be better to get it replaced entirely because it will be too difficult to remove the mold.
When Is Mold Remediation Required?
Any amount of mold growth can be harmful and should be taken seriously. Furthermore, if you are a landlord, you are required by law to make sure that a rental unit is fit to live in and in compliance with local safety and health laws. Mold found in a tenant’s rental unit must be remediated as soon as possible.
Below are some of the possible side effects of mold exposure:
- Increased asthma symptoms
- Eye irritation
- Respiratory infections
What Is Mold Remediation in Park Rapids?
Are you wondering what is involved in mold remediation? Mold remediation is the process of significantly reducing mold to normal levels. Since mold exists naturally everywhere, it is impossible to remove it entirely. However, reducing mold growth can eliminate or prevent harmful effects. This process often includes a thorough inspection, careful containment of the area, removal of damaged or destroyed materials, treatment, cleaning, and restoration.
For mold remediation in Park Rapids, turn to ServiceMaster. Call (218) 394-7954 or contact us online to schedule an inspection today.