School is back in session and now is the perfect time for parents to go over school safety rules with their children. To help your kids from being harmed during the school year, consider discussing the following tips.
Back to School Safety Tips For Students
- If your child rides the bus, walk them to the bus stop. If they are old enough to go on their own, plan the safest route with them beforehand.
- Make sure they know not to talk to strangers or accept rides or gifts from strangers. They should know to never, under any circumstance get in a car with someone they do not know or that you have not told them to go with beforehand. Make sure they are always with a buddy when walking to the bus stop, or if they walk to school.
- Teach your child to memorize your address and phone number at a young age. They should also know how to call 911 for emergencies.
- Tell your kids to stay seated on the bus and keep their heads and arms inside. When exiting the bus, they should wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, exit from the front using the handrail, and cross the street at least 10 feet in front of the bus. NEVER to bend down, tie shoes, or pick up objects in front of the bus as this can be in the driver’s blind spot.
Back to School Safety Tips For Parents
- Look for school zone signals when school is in session and always obey the speed limit.
- Always come to a proper stop when school buses are loading or unloading children.
- Be very aware of and watch out for children walking near schools, bus stops, sidewalks, streets, school parking lots, etc.
- Do not pass other vehicles while driving in a school zone.
- Don’t text or use your cell phone while driving in a school zone.
ServiceMaster wishes you and your children a wonderful, safe school year! Remember that we are available to you 365 days a year, 7 days a week should you need our services. We offer the best in restoration services. Give us a call today at (704) 324-8528.