Do you feel overwhelmed during the holidays? It is easy to feel that way with so much to do. The holidays are approaching quickly. Fortunately, you still have time to get organized and get rid of clutter before your guests arrive. Having too much clutter in your home will not only stress you out but can also lead to dangerous situations. Decluttering your home prior to the holiday season kicking off can help you stay on top of things this holiday season and reduce your stress level and keep your family safer.
Clutter isn’t just ugly, it can also be dangerous! The accumulation of materials can create a severe fire hazard. Combustible materials can cause a fire to spread quickly and become difficult to put out. In addition, doorways, hallways, and windows can become blocked by clutter and make it difficult for a safe escape.
Other Negative Consequences of Clutter:
- Risk of Injury or Disease
- Dust and Mold Accumulation
- Insect Infestations
- Severe Depression
Ideas For Decluttering
- Get cleaning and decluttering done first before you start on any holiday decorations.
- Go through old holiday decorations, get rid of any items that are broken or faded. Make sure you discard of anything that you will not use.
- Donate items that you feel would still be of good use to someone else but you do not have room for.
- Go through children’s toys and donate ones that they have grown out of or no longer use. This will make room for the new toys that they will receive. Believe me, they will not miss them!
- Go through each room and declutter. If you are having guests come, pay close attention to your guest’s bedroom and bathroom. Clear out items that you do not use or are wasting space.
Once you have successfully decluttered, your home will be safer and you will be able to relax and enjoy the holidays. Do your best to keep your home decluttered throughout the year. This will help reduce stress before your next holiday!
ServiceMaster Restorations wants to wish everyone a happy, healthy holiday season. We work hard to take care of our customer’s needs, even throughout the holidays. Should you need any of our services please call us at (704) 324-8528. We are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.