Top Tips for a Safe New Year’s Eve
It’s almost time to ring in the New Year. Get ready to say goodbye to 2020 and hello to 2021! As the clock ticks down, many will be celebrating with loved ones. Whether you will be at a house party or out and about, it is important to take a few precautions.
Here are some basic safety tips to make sure that you ring in the New Year safely!
• If you are attending a party or going out on New Year’s Eve be sure to have a designated driver for the evening. If no one is able, Uber your way or take a taxi. Even better if you are staying out late, consider staying at a local hotel or friends home within walking distance.
• If you are attending a venue, check to be sure where the emergency exits are when you arrive. Stay alert to those around you and never go out alone.
• If you are driving, stay alert of your surrounds. Do not attempt to drive in bad weather.
• If you plan to set off fireworks, do so safely. Shoot fireworks in an open area and make sure that you have a fire extinguisher nearby. It is best to leave the firework show to professionals. Remember that most fireworks are illegal in North Carolina. Sparklers, poppers, fountains and other items that do not explode or leave the ground are the only ones legal in N.C.
• Be safe when popping that champagne cork. Believe it or not, this is something that causes danger on New Year’s Eve. Hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle and point it away from yourself and anyone else.
• Make sure your furry friends are safe by keeping them indoors. Loud noises from fireworks or parties can scare your pets.
Most of all on New Year’s Eve be sure to have fun. By following these tips, you can have a wonderful safe celebration. ServiceMaster Quality Restoration is here for you all year long. No matter what disaster you may face in the new year we are here for you.
We wish you and your family a very happy, healthy and safe New Year!