Mold Damage Restoration in Des Moines
Residential & Commercial Restoration Service You Can Trust
When you experience mold damage in your home or business, it’s important to not waste any time in getting the proper removal and remediation services. Not only does mold damage led to extensive property damage and present an immediate danger to the health and safety of you and those around you, but it can also be spread very easily when ignored. Of course, mold damage doesn’t occur just out of anywhere, so you should reach out to a team of professionals at the first sign of mold or water damage.
When you need help recovering from mold damage or protecting yourself from growing mold as a result of water damage, it’s important that you turn to a true team of experts. When you hire , you can rest assured that you’re getting help from some of the best restoration professionals in Des Moines. Whether you have a home or business, you can rely on our team to deliver the restoration services needed to get your property back to normal.
Need mold removal in Des Moines? Give our team a call at (515) 575-2432 or contact us online to get started.
How Does Water Damage Lead to Mold Growth?
What exactly is mold and where does it come from? Molds are a type of fungi that exists virtually everywhere in our world, but only grow and thrive in damp, warm, and humid environments. Mold growth normally occurs in the home due to water entering the environment. This can happen in a few different ways and levels of severity, ranging from spilling a glass of water on the carpet to experiencing a plumbing rupture. Either way, when water enters your property, it should be cleaned up right away to reduce the chances of mold growth within a mere 24 – 48 hours!
Common Indicators of Mold Growth
Since mold loves humid and warm spots, there’s a good chance you may not even be able to see it! Due to this, it’s important to understand some of the common indicators that mold growth may be present in your home or business (beyond just stumbling upon it while cleaning). The sooner the mold is caught, the sooner our team is able to get the mold under control and your life back to normal.
Some symptoms of mold growth in the home include:
- Your eyes are irritated and constantly watery
- You feel better after leaving your home for a few days
- You have cold-like symptoms that won’t go away
- You’re experiencing foul, or musty odors
- You find water damage in your floors or walls
If you’re dealing with any of these above symptoms, regardless of if you’ve experienced water damage recently or not, it’s important to reach out to the team at ServiceMaster Restore! If ignored, mold can continue to grow and root itself in the materials of your home, requiring more intensive restoration services that result in a costly bill.
Where Mold Can Take a Foothold in the Home
Mold can form virtually anywhere in the home, although its ideal living environment is a dark, damp, and humid place. This ranges from the kitchen to the bathroom and even the garage.
When mold takes a foothold in your home, it’s often due to the persistent moisture in your home. Unchecked and mismanaged moisture can result in mold developing in less than two days, making it serious to get the professional help you need within 24 hours. The sooner the mold is allowed to take place and foothold in your property, whether that’s by directly rooting itself into a foundation stud, wall, or flooring, the easier our team can take care of it. A simple call early on can prevent intensive reconstruction services that make it more difficult to get things back to its original condition.
Some ways to prevent mold growth in your Des Moines home include:
- Manage Moisture – From opening windows to purchasing a dehumidifier, it’s important to do whatever you can to keep your home’s moisture under control whether it’s from your daily activities or an accident.
- Clean and Dry – It’s important to routinely clean and dry all the places mold can easily grow, ranging from the shower and tub to sink and toilet. Use proper disinfectants and a strict schedule of cleaning to prevent mold from returning in places like the bathroom.
- Repair Leaks – Your plumbing can be one of the biggest causes of mold growth in your home. Whether you’ve experienced an unexplained water bill spike caused by leaks or facing other plumbing problems, be sure to speak with a professional to ensure your system isn’t causing water damage that leads to mold growth.
- Mold Growth Inspections – If you ever suspect you may have mold, have a test done just in case! Mold is no joke and can cause dangerous harm and health conditions to your family if not taken seriously. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Of course, we also understand that emergencies happen – so we’ll be there when they do. Whether you’ve experienced water damage from a storm, plumbing mishap, or another type of disaster, turn to our team of highly skilled restoration experts for reliable and efficient clean-up and restoration services. We have the experience, knowledge, and proper tools to complete the mold remediation and removal services you need to give our customers in Des Moines and the surrounding areas the ultimate peace of mind when they deal with water damage or mold growth.
Need help tackling the mold problem in your home or business? Give our Des Moines mold Remediation team a call today at (515) 575-2432.