Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration in Cleveland, Akron, Wooster
We'll take care of your burst pipe cleanup needs
Pipes don’t freeze, but the water inside them may. When temperatures plummet, the water expands as it turns into ice and could exert enough pressure to rupture a pipe wall or break apart a pipe joint.
Such leaks, if undetected right away, can cause significant damage to floors, carpeting, drywall, and fiberglass insulation. Burst copper pipes used to supply water to plumbing fixtures or to circulate water to baseboard radiators are common sources of major leaks. Pipes may also burst for reasons other than freezing, such as when a carpenter accidentally drives a nail through one, but freezing is the most common cause of pipe leakage. When leaking or burst pipes strike, ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon is the company to call to dry out, clean up, and restore your living space.
Common causes of leaking, burst, or frozen pipes:
- Insufficient insulation
- Insulation that has been damaged or dislodges
- A malfunctioning heating system, typically while homeowners are away
- Corrosion, typically at a soldered joint
- Damage to a pipe during remodeling activities
ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon is Northeast Ohio's leading water damage repair and restoration company. We have the expertise and equipment to handle a variety of water-related disasters, including burst pipes, clogged drain overflow and flooded basements. Contact us today to schedule an estimate for water damage restoration in Cleveland, Akron, Wooster and nearby.
What to do when your frozen pipes burst
There is a very distinctive sound to pipes freezing. It can best be described as a bang or clang. The sound is caused by water suddenly expanding into ice at the moment it freezes. It may not be accompanied by the sound of running water because, for a time, the ice will prevent leakage from occurring. When this happens:
- Turn off the main water valve immediately.It is typically located in a basement or utility room. Fast action can minimize damage from a burst pipe.
- Call ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon right away. We have operators standing by 24/7. Instead of getting a recorded message, you can talk to a real person about your emergency. Our emergency crews are usually able to respond within 2 hours and handle the burst pipe clean up and restoration process.
If the ice in the pipe has thawed and water is flowing into your home:
- Note where the sound of running water is coming from.
- Shut off the main water valve, if you can do it safely, and call ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon. Don’t take safety risks when you have flooding due to a burst pipe. Contact with an electrical switch or device while standing in water can cause shock or electrocution. It’s better to wait for ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon technicians to arrive to ensure safe water removal and water damage repair.
- Move valuable items. As long as you can do so safely, move items that are wet or may be damaged by standing water. You can relocate these items to a dry area and take steps to clean and dry them out.
We offer frozen and burst pipe restoration & cleanup services in OH
After the burst pipe leak has been stopped and repaired, rely upon ServiceMaster
by Disaster Recon to handle your
water damage restoration needs. We clean up the mess and take steps to avoid mold problems. Depending
on where the pipe leak occurred and what materials got wet, procedures
may be required to avoid a mold infestation. ServiceMaster by Disaster
Recon has heavy-duty drying and dehumidifying equipment to quickly dry
out wet materials. This fast drying action can often prevent mold from
forming. In other cases, items like carpeting may need to be removed to
facilitate drying and cleaning the space.
ServiceMaster by Disaster Recon is your frozen and burst pipe restoration company. We also offer services to help with cleanup due to a sink overflow or clogged drain. We will help you prevent future frozen pipe leaks by assessing what caused the pipe to burst in the first place, upgrading insulation around it, or relocating it to a less vulnerable place when possible. Call or email us today for an estimate in Akron, Cleveland, Canton, Medina, Lorain, Lakewood, Elyria, Cuyahoga Falls, Euclid, Mentor, Gates Mills and surrounding areas in Ohio.