June is Pet Preparedness Month! Your pets are important members of your family! This is why they should be included in your family’s emergency plan. To prepare for the unexpected, keep your pets in mind as you follow these tips during Pet Preparedness Month:
Make a plan.
Build an emergency kit.
If you have a plan in place for you and your pets, you will likely encounter less difficulty, stress, and worry when you need to make a decision during an emergency.
INCLUDE IN YOUR PLAN:
Know what to do with your pet during an evacuation. Many public shelters and hotels do not allow pets inside. Know a safe place where you can take your pets before disasters and emergencies happen.
Develop a buddy system. Plan with neighbors, friends or relatives to make sure that someone is available to care for or evacuate your pets if you are unable to do so.
Have copies of your pet’s vaccination record, and make sure your pet is microchipped. Keep your address and phone number up to date and include an emergency contact outside of your immediate area.
Keep contact information for your local emergency management office or animal control office and shelters on hand in case you become separated from your pet. Build a Kit for your pet just as you do with your family’s emergency supply kit, think first about the basics for survival. Review your kit regularly to ensure that the contents are fresh.
ITEMS TO CONSIDER IN AN EMERGENCY KIT FOR YOUR PET:
Food and water. Keep several days’ supply of both.
Keep food in an airtight, waterproof container, and have a water bowl to use.
Medicine. Keep an extra supply of the medicine your pet takes on a regular basis in a waterproof container.
First aid kit. Include items appropriate for your pet’s emergency medical needs.
Backup collar with ID tag and a harness or leash. Have copies of your pet’s registration information in a waterproof container and available electronically.
Traveling bag, crate or carrier for each pet.
A picture of you and your pet together. If you become separated from your pet, a picture will help you document ownership and allow others to assist you in identifying your pet.
Sanitation needs. Include pet litter and litter box, trash bags and other items to provide for your pet’s sanitation needs.
Familiar items. Put favorite toys, treats or bedding in your kit to reduce stress for your pets.
Stay informed of current conditions and know how you will receive emergency alerts and warnings. Consider downloading a mobile app to get weather alerts for your area. Always bring your pets indoors at the first sign or warning of a storm. For more information about how to prepare your pets, visit Ready.gov/pets.
Official Facebook Giveaway Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are ServiceMaster DSI employees or customers.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of ServiceMaster DSI as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 6/1/22 on and ending 6/30/22. All online entries must be received by 6/30/22.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by tagging ServiceMaster DSI on Facebook or LinkedIn in a photo of your pet in the distributed bandana. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ServiceMaster DSI. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of ServiceMaster DSI.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a gift card. Value of $250. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined byServiceMaster DSI. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at ServiceMaster DSI’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ServiceMaster DSI to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be randomly selected under the supervision of ServiceMaster DSI. Winner will be notified by email within two weeks following selection of Winner. ServiceMaster DSI shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at ServiceMaster DSI’s sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that ServiceMaster DSI, anyone acting on behalf of ServiceMaster DSI, and ServiceMaster DSI licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Giveaways: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of ServiceMaster DSI. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ServiceMaster DSI from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which ServiceMaster DSI may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: ServiceMaster DSI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond ServiceMaster DSI control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, ServiceMaster DSI may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by ServiceMaster DSI.ServiceMaster DSI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.ServiceMaster DSI has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, ServiceMaster DSI reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmlessServiceMaster DSI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF US GOVERNMENT WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [location] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign ServiceMaster DSI.
14. By entering, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules