Duct Cleaning in Midland, MI
Are dirty ducts harming your health?
Chances are you don’t give much thought to your home’s air ducts or what may be lurking behind the vent covers, potentially mold. Furthermore, dirty ducts may be negatively affecting your health.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) studies have found that indoor air may be two to five- times and occasionally more than 100 times more polluted than outdoor air. Indoor air pollutants can cause immediate and long term health problems. Considering that the average American spends 90% of their time indoors, improving indoor air quality is vital.
One way to improve a home’s air quality is to keep air ducts clean.
In addition to improving air quality, air duct cleaning also results in energy savings. Pollutants collect and clog the heat exchanger, evaporation, and duct in the HVAC system., making it harder to heat and cool the home. Removing pollutants allows the HVAC system to work efficiently.
DON’T FORGET YOUR DUCTS!
It’s important to clean your air ducts after a disaster strikes.
After a fire, smoke, soot, and odors can linger, further damaging your home and threatening your health. Furthermore, damaging smoke and soot spread to other rooms in your home through the HVAC/duct system and settles within the ductwork. Therefore every time you run your HVAC system, these particles are circulated throughout your home. Similarly. mold is another problem that can spread via your Duct system. Mold can also develop and spread in your Duct System causing even more potential health risks. At ServiceMaster Fuson, we leverage our expertise in cleaning air ducts and vents to ensure the air in your home is clean and safe.
WHAT WE DO.
AIR DUCT CLEANING, THE SERVICEMASTER BY FUSON WAY
- Our experts connect a powerful vacuum system to the air duct near the furnace.
- Commercial-grade products and equipment are used to dislodge the contaminants and debris in the air duct.
- Contaminants are pulled out of the ducts and through the filtration system, returning clean air into your home.
- After cleaning, all access holes are resealed, returning the duct system to a like-new, clean condition.
Our professionals are experts in HVAC duct cleaning and have the tools and experience to get the job done right. We used High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) vacuuming equipment to remove particulates from inside the home.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Michigan
Most people forget about their dry vents. They clean the filter in the dryer, but not the vent itself. Therefore, dryer vents need to be cleaned periodically to reduce the risk of fire. Aside from the fire hazard, having your dryer vents cleaned properly can improve the performance of your dry and reduce the amount of time and efficiency in drying your clothing or bedding. One of the key factors in reduced airflow is lint build up inside the vent tubes in your dryer, the vent tube that leads from your dryer to the exterior vent, and/or the exterior vent itself. When this happens, safety switches used by many dryers manufacturers cycle on and off continuously and can fail over time. Notably, this results in higher costs of operation and could cause a costly and dangerous dryer fire.
Potential Causes of Dryer Fires:
- Clogged or blocked airflow in dryer vents
- Failure of mechanical and/or electrical parts within the dryer
- Improper materials placed in the dryer
- Insufficient airflow as a result of improper installation
Advanced Warning Signs:
- Clothes (especially towels or jeans) that take a longer than expected time to dry
- Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle. Machine feels hot.
- Dryer vent flapper doesn’t open when the dryer is on
If you notice any of these signs, schedule a professional dryer cleaning or inspection immediately with ServiceMaster by Fuson.
Call (989) 200-5126