Louisville Home Mold Removal Service
Mold Remediation Service Near You
Are you feeling a little terrified after discovering a mold infestation in your home? Realizing that mold has been silently growing inside your home is a surprise that nobody wants to experience. Mold can grow indoors on wet or damp surfaces, such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood, and drywall. In an environment with enough excess moisture, mold can start to grow within 48 hours. If left unchecked, it can have a severe impact on both your quality of life and your home's physical structure. You may begin to experience irritation with cold-like symptoms or asthma. If you see signs of mold or suspect it has infected your home, we're here to help remediate the problem and prevent long-term damage.
Don't let mold ruin your home and health!
Mold is present everywhere in nature, but when it finds its way into your home, it can be a significant problem. Our mold remediation in Louisville, KY includes infrared technology as part of the mold detection process and select chemicals to help protect your home.
Why is Mold a Problem?
Mold gradually destroys the things it grows on and can grow anywhere.
Furnishings and more
In your home, all molds have the potential to cause side effects.
Aggravation of asthma symptoms
What is Mold?
Mold is a fungus found both indoors and outdoors. No one knows how many species of mold exist, but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more. Mold spreads and reproduces by making spores. Spores can survive conditions that are too sunny, hot, cold, dry, or wet for mold to grow. When spores are released, they can be carried by air or water to new locations.
What Causes Mold?
Molds thrive in moist environments created by a flood, slow leak, broken pipe, or just high humidity. Without water, mold cannot grow. Mold also needs a food source, oxygen, and a temperature between 40 degrees and 100 degrees F.
How Does Mold Spread?
For molds to grow and reproduce, they only need an organic food source like the cellulose found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
Are There Any Warning Signs?
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors, or walls, this is a sure sign of mold growth. Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing, and wheezing are a typical indicator of mold growth as well. Also, high humidity levels such as condensation on glass and metal surfaces are a warning sign of mold.
Special Challenges of Mold
Despite what's readily known about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion.
- Mold is an issue that can affect the health of your family and compromise the physical structure of your home.
- Mold and mildew grow best in warm, damp and humid conditions.
- Mold may never become visible since it can grow in the walls and under the floor.
- If more than two days have passed, any wet materials will be affected by mold, even if it's not yet visible.
- Whether you can see a problem or merely suspect its presence, only a professional can help identify the source and extent of the challenge.
- Home remedies like bleach can cause more problems.
Can I Get Rid of Mold Myself?
Doing it yourself is not recommended. At ServiceMaster by Redbird DRS, our experts completed intensive mold remediation training as well as detailed instruction in the proper procedures for handling mold claims.
Call us today for mold services near you at(502) 771-8096!