Here are a few tips to help with being prepared for winter.
- Shovel snow away from the home. its pretty when it snows so much it covers the door of the back porch. When the snow melts into the house and floods the house it is no longer pretty.
- If a building floods or sustains any water damage, dry it ASAP. If the water damage is extensive, call in ServiceMaster by Integrity to assist.
- Keep fire extinguishers on hand, and make sure everyone in your house knows how to use them. House fires pose an additional risk, as more people turn to alternate heating sources without taking the necessary safety precautions.
- Learn how to shut off water valves in case a pipe bursts.
- Insulate pipes with insulation or newspapers and plastic and allow faucets to drip a little during cold weather to avoid freezing.
- Maintain ventilation when using kerosene heaters to avoid a build-up of toxic fumes and always refuel outside. Keep all heaters at least three feet from flammable objects.
Remember ServiceMaster by Integrity is here for you when you need us. Call any time