Fire Damage Restoration Service in Eastlake
Trained and experienced to handle the effects of fire & smoke
When it comes to fire damage, one thing is absolutely certain: no two scenarios are alike. Every fire is unique in its cause, composition, size, and waste; some fires can involve more than 100 complex chemical reactions! How these factors combine together will affect how the fire damage restoration is conducted.
At ServiceMaster CDR - Cleveland, we offer free estimates for homeowners and property managers interested in restoring their fire-damaged home or business. Each estimate includes a written quote, a professional inspection from our company, and an on-site consultation where we address any questions you may have.
Fire damage restoration is a multi-phase process, and it's vitally important that the process begins within hours of the damage.
Fire Restoration Services We Provide
ServiceMaster CDR - Cleveland provides expert fire and smoke damage restoration services to help clients recover quickly and fully from their disasters. Our team understands the devastation that fire and smoke can cause, and we are dedicated to providing comprehensive services to make your property safe again.
We specialize in structural repairs, cleanups, deodorizations, and all other necessary processes to restore your home or business after a fire or smoke event. Our experienced technicians are trained in advanced fire restoration techniques so you can trust that you will receive the best available care. We offer:
- Immediate response to emergency situations by us, an IICRC Certified Firm in Fire & Smoke Restoration.
- We scope out the extent of damage, limiting any further other damage to property. We check for water damage in your structure and contents by using moisture sensors, meters and hygrometers in order to take appropriate steps to dry-out.
- We apply an antimicrobial, if needed. We can also "Go GREEN!" Ask us how.
- Content restoration - inspect, sort, decontaminate, clean, pack, store, and inventory contents.
- Furnace and duct cleaning & sanitizing.
- Thermo fogging, which applies a smoke & odor neutralizer to all areas that the smoke has reached.
- Cleaning and deoderizing - walls, ceilings, fixtures, appliances, floor coverings, window coverings and cabinets affected.
- Ozone machine - to disinfect and deoderize all affected areas.
- All structural and finishing work done by Disaster Recon.
- Insurance claims handled promptly, ethically and efficiently.
- The final inspection of the finished restoration job, and the signing of Certificate of Completion and Satisfaction with property owner.
The Dos and Don'ts of Fire and Smoke Damage
The U.S. Fire Administration has this booklet to help with next steps. We've compiled even more steps to take below.
Things you SHOULD do:
- Limit the movement and keep hands clean in the structure to prevent soot particles from being permeated into carpet, upholstery, walls and woodwork causing more damage.
- Clean and protect chrome trim on kitchen appliances, bathroom faucets, tub fittings, cupboard handles etc. with a light coating of vaseline or other oil.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to a clean environment.
- Open windows for ventilation.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off; prop doors open and wash plants with water on both sides of leaves (water softener helps).
- Blow off or brush vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, drapery and carpet.
- Pour antifreeze in toilet bowls and sinks and tubs to prevent freezing if heat is off in winter. Call plumber to drain heating system if heat is off in winter.
- Change furnace filter.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over air registers.
Things you SHOULD NOT do:
- Wipe or wash walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use upholstered furniture.
- Use exposed food items or canned goods which have been subjected to excessive heat.
- Use television, stereos or electrical appliances until cleaned & checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner - may set smoke & odor.
- Use do-it-yourself home carpet or upholstery cleaners.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet - wiring may be damaged.
Professional Fire Restoration Contractor in Cleveland, Akron, Wooster, and Beyond
Homeowners and business owners are often anxious to begin the cleaning and restoration process immediately after the fire has been eliminated. However, unless they seek professional advice, they may be doing much more harm to the structure than good.
Our disaster restoration professionals are fully trained to address the fire damage in your home and create a plan that will eliminate odors and damage, restore your salvageable property, and minimize future disaster restoration damages to your home.
At ServiceMaster CDR - Cleveland, our 24-hour emergency fire restoration service is available every day of the year. This ensures that we'll be on-site when you need us, helping you restore your structure quickly and competently. We also offer board-up services to secure the building and keep out unwanted intruders.
We service the towns of Cleveland, Akron, and Wooster, as well as nearby areas such as Lorain, Lakewood, Elyria, Cuyahoga Falls, Euclid, Mentor, Gates Mills, Brunswick, Stow, Strongsville, North Ridgeville, Eastlake, Richfield, and Becksville.