Fire and Smoke Damage in Salt Lake City
Every 24 minutes, a home is devastated by fire, leaving a homeowner with mounting damage, recovery costs, and stress. Additionally, the National Weather Service recently reported that smoke and ash from wildfires in California and Oregon have created an unsafe environment for many residents in the state. When faced with these types of circumstances, you shouldn’t have to go it alone.
At ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration by Smith, our team of fire and smoke damage restoration professionals in Salt Lake City are ready to assist you day or night. We want to help you deal with the aftermath of smoke and fire damage and avoid putting your family’s health and safety at risk. We understand that fire and smoke disasters aren’t limited to a specific time of day, which is why we’re available 24/7 to provide you with peace of mind.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional and effective fire and smoke damage services that help you remediate current damage and avoid future damage, and assist you with clean-up efforts. When you have highly qualified and trained restoration service experts partnering with you, you can expect a customer-focused experience that helps you get back to pre-loss condition in no time.
How Fire, Smoke, & Ash Can Damage Your Home
Fires are extremely damaging and dangerous. However, once the flames are extinguished, ash and smoke can continue to wreak havoc on your property.
Some of the ways fire, smoke, and ash can damage your home include:
- Leaving residual odors on surfaces
- Destroying the foundation and other structural components
- Leaving soot and ash particles in the air
- Damaging vital systems, such as electrical and plumbing
- Discoloring hard and soft surfaces
We don’t recommend that you attempt to remediate fire and smoke damage yourself, as you may cause further damage or potential injury. Safety is vital to our recovery process. This is why we want to be your local restoration professionals in Salt Lake City.
Our Detailed Fire Damage Restoration Process
Trusting us to support your restoration project gives you access to several benefits, including a thorough process that begins as soon as you contact us. We listen to your situation and start developing a plan of action that helps you recover the things most important to you.
Once we get an understanding of your situation, we:
- Evaluate your property and assess the damage on-site
- Inspect belongings and make notes of things that can be salvaged
- Start remediating any water damage caused during extinguishing efforts
- Remove all salvageable contents from the property
- Treat surface areas for smoke, fire, and ash damage
- Clean up ash and eliminate odors to help improve air quality
- Prepare items for cleaning and storage
This process can take a couple of days to weeks to complete, depending on how much of your home was affected. We dedicate ourselves to providing you with a stress-free experience that makes your house feel like a home again.