WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
WE’RE AVAILABLE 24/7 EVERYDAY OF THE YEAR TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS THROUGH THE WORST
YOU NEED THE EXPERTISE OF SERVICEMASTER DYNAMIC CLEANING AFTER THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS. GIVE US A CALL TODAY AT 1-800-865-5157.
We know water damage to your Plainville home is devastating and we’re here for you when you need us. If you have suffered a water damage event, it is critical to call us immediately. How much property can be restored successfully is directly related to how quickly services begin. While dealing with water damage may seem fairly simple, water can quickly penetrate structures and contents which may further damage or destroy them, even leading to adverse health conditions including musty odor and mold growth. Some types of mold can cause serious, and even potentially lethal, health problems and repairing mold damage can be costly.
WHAT CAUSES WATER DAMAGE?
Water damage to your home can occur from many sources:
- Severe Weather
- Sump pump failures
- Appliance overflows
- Broken water heaters
- Plumbing leaks
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses
- Clogged gutters
- Washing machine supply line leak
- A clogged toilet
- Roof leaks
- HVAC condensation
- Foundation cracks
- Blocked drains
These disasters require fast action to repair the damage and prevent further problems. If you experience water damage in you home, here are some helpful tips to reduce damages and increase the chances of a successful water damage restoration.
Our team uses specialized equipment such as submersible pumps, wet vacs, and air movers to quickly extract the standing water and moisture from the air. We then use dehumidifiers and air scrubbers to remove moisture from the air and reduce the risk of mold growth.
Our technicians are trained to assess the damage, identify the source of the water, and create a plan for water mitigation and restoration. With ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning, you can trust that your home will be back to normal in no time.
WATER RESTORATION PROCESS
ServiceMaster Restore takes a 1-2-3 approach to recovery following the steps below during the water damage restoration process:
- First, we assess the damage through an inspection.
- Next is water mitigation and preventing further damage to your property and belongings. Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof.
- Finally, we help you recover from the water damage, with a focus on returning your property to pre-loss conditions.
By taking fast action and contacting ServiceMaster Restore, you can prevent additional damage and cost.
WATER DAMAGE TO DO:
- Shut off the source of water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas when access to the electrical panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Take a picture of the origin of the problem that led to the water damage. Taking pictures, or even video is especially important if repairs are begun before an adjuster has seen the damage.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Use dehumidifiers if available.
- Use fans to circulate air and assist with drying.
- Keep a sample of the damaged materials including carpets, flooring, or other damaged areas, and don't throw them away until an adjuster has seen them.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings.
- Prop up wet furniture cushions and place small wood blocks or aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Lift curtains and draperies off the wet carpet by looping the fabric through a coat hanger and placing the coat hanger on the curtain rod.
- Move photos, paintings, decorations, and other sensitive materials to a safe, dry location.
- Open drawers, closets, and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
- Spread out wet items to dry.
- If water is contaminated, avoid all contact with water and contaminated items and wash hands thoroughly if contact is made.
WATER DAMAGE NOT TO DO:
- Use an ordinary household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floor.
- Go into rooms with standing water if electricity is still on.
- Lift tacked-down carpet without professional help - it could promote damage and delamination.
- Disturb mold if it is visible.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- If water is contaminated, don't spread the problem by walking on damaged or wet areas.
- If water is contaminated, don't turn on the HVAC system or use household fans to dry the structure.
Don’t wait another minute to begin water damage restoration. With our quick response time and expertise with the drying process ServiceMaster Dynamic Cleaning will minimize further content and structural damage.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION SERVICES FOR YOUR HOME:
With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered.
- Appliance ruptures and leaks
- Roof leaks and failures
- Broken water heaters
- Firefighting water damage
- Frozen pipe bursts
- Flooded basements
- Drying and dehumidification
- Contaminated water & sewage backup
- Content and document drying
- Leaking pipes