Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration
We'll take care of your burst pipe clean up needs
When water freezes into ice, it expands with enough pressure to rupture a pipe. If undetected, leaks can cause significant damage to floors, carpeting, drywall, and fiberglass insulation. Burst copper pipes used for plumbing fixtures or in baseboard radiators are common sources of major leaks. Pipes may also burst for reasons other than freezing, such as when a carpenter accidentally drives a nail through one. When leaking or burst pipes strike, ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills is the company to call to dry out, clean up, and restore your living space.
ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills is Massachusetts & New York's leading water damage repair and restoration company. Contact us today to schedule an estimate for water damage restoration in Springfield, New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Norwalk, New Rochelle and nearby.
Schedule a free estimate
Common causes of leaking, burst, or frozen pipes
- Insufficient insulation
- Insulation that has been damaged or dislodges
- A malfunctioning heating system, typically while homeowners are away
- Corrosion, typically at a soldered joint
- Damage to a pipe during remodeling activities
What to do when your frozen pipes burst
There is a very distinctive sound to pipes freezing. It can best be described as a bang or clang. The sound is caused by water suddenly expanding into ice at the moment it freezes. It may not be accompanied by the sound of running water because, for a time, the ice will prevent leakage from occurring. When this happens:
- Turn off the main water valve immediately. It is typically located in a basement or utility room. Fast action can minimize damage from a burst pipe.
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills right away. We have operators standing by 24/7. Instead of getting a recorded message, you can talk to a real person about your emergency. Our emergency crews are usually able to respond within 2 hours and handle the burst pipe clean up and restoration process.
If the ice in the pipe has thawed and water is flowing into your home:
- Note where the sound of running water is coming from.
- Shut off the main water valve, if you can do it safely, and call ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills. Don’t take safety risks when you have flooding due to a burst pipe. Contact with an electrical switch or device while standing in water can cause shock or electrocution. It’s better to wait for A NO Dealers technicians to arrive.
- Move valuable items. As long as you can do so safely, move items that are wet or may be damaged by standing water. You can relocate these items to a dry area and take steps to clean and dry them out.
We offer frozen and burst pipe restoration & cleanup services in CT
After the burst pipe leak has been stopped and repaired, rely upon ServiceMaster
Restoration by Wills to handle your
water damage restoration needs. We clean up the mess and take steps to avoid mold problems. Depending
on where the pipe leak occurred and what materials got wet, procedures
may be required to avoid a mold infestation. ServiceMaster Restoration
by Wills has heavy-duty drying and dehumidifying equipment to quickly
dry out wet materials. This fast-drying action can often prevent mold
from forming. In other cases, items like carpeting may need to be removed
to facilitate drying and cleaning the space.
ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills is your frozen and burst pipe restoration company. We will help you prevent future frozen pipe leaks by assessing what caused the pipe to burst in the first place, upgrading insulation around it, or relocating it to a less vulnerable place when possible.
Call or email us today for an estimate in New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Norwalk, New Rochelle, Springfield, Waterbury, West Hartford, Bristol, Meriden, Hamden, Manchester, West Haven, Larchmont, Harrison, Oakdale, Port Chester, and surrounding areas.