Fire Damage Restoration in Maple Grove, MN
Fire Restoration Contractors Near You
Fires can cause an extensive amount of damage to a home or building almost in an instant and even after the fire is extinguished, the damage does not stop spreading.
Synthetic materials in many household objects such as furniture, appliances, and flooring release dangerous emissions and corrosive byproducts when burned that will continue to cause damage long after the fire is out. These corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible damage and etching within 72 hours.
ServiceMaster Professional Services of Maple Grove provides smoke and fire damage restoration services for homes and businesses that have been damaged by fire in Maple Grove, MN.
We have the proper training and equipment to clean and restore the furnishings and structural elements of the building and we can also salvage at-risk household surfaces such as:
- And upholstery using specific chemical combinations.
What Should I Do After a Fire?
- Make sure to call us immediately after the fire is extinguished because corrosive byproducts can cause the damage to become permanent.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, open up doors and windows to air out the building.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning chrome, Formica, aluminum, and porcelain fixtures.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, replace the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by taping a damp cheesecloth over the return and supply registers.
- Throw away open food containers.
- Thoroughly clean out your refrigerator if the power is out.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch damaged surfaces because the oil from your hands can cause additional damage.
- Do not wash walls with soot damage because improper cleaning can make it worse.
- Do not attempt to wash carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling.
Smoke Damage Cleanup in Maple Grove
After a fire, you will find that the inside of your home is likely covered in visible soot. Even after ash is removed, a layer of invisible smoke particles will still be present throughout your home.
The Process of Smoke Elimination
You may not see it everywhere, but you will easily notice the smoke by smell. To completely eliminate harmful smoke particles inside your home, professional smoke damage restoration techniques are the best solution.
Smoke that is not properly dealt with will gradually corrode and discolor surfaces where it is present. Our smoke removal professionals can help restore and clean your carpet, furniture, and walls so that you are not greeted with the smell of smoke every time you walk in the door.
Our Fire Damage Cleanup Services
Our technicians at ServiceMaster Professional Services have the training and equipment to provide effective smoke and fire damage restoration services in commercial and residential settings.
We use the best cleaning products and equipment available in the industry and we have a five-step restoration and cleanup procedure that includes the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire has caused damage to your home or business in Maple Grove or Plymouth, MN, contact ServiceMaster Professional Services as soon as possible for damage restoration services. We can help limit the spread of the damage after the fire as well as salvage and restore the furnishings and structural elements of the building.
You can call us 24 hours a day at (763) 294-7638 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Maple Grove, MN and surrounding communities. Alternatively, contact us online!