Mold Remediation Services in Maple Grove, MN
Mold is a natural part of our ecosystem. When moisture and humidity over 60% combine, mold has the ideal environment to thrive. So, whether you build a home or purchase a property in Maple Grove, there’s a chance mold is already present. It’s our job at ServiceMaster Professional Services to ensure mold levels don’t get out of control. We offer mold remediation services for homeowners in the area who have serious mold problems.
We use powerful commercial-grade equipment and eco-friendly products to clean the air, remove mold, and disinfect surfaces. Our highly trained mold removal specialists perform a thorough inspection of your home to locate all the mold sources, so we know how serious the situation is and how much manpower is required for resolution.
We know mold inside your home is more than a passing annoyance. The longer it goes unaddressed, the more significant the problem becomes. Our Maple Grove restoration service experts are available to answer your query 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You won’t have to wait days or weeks for exceptional and effective mold remediation services.
How do Mold Levels return back to normal
Many mold removal companies will claim to rid your home of all mold. However, it’s virtually impossible to remove all of it because mold is naturally occurring. Our team removes as much as possible to bring mold levels back to normal and help you feel comfortable in your space again.
We do this by:
- Finding and repairing the moisture source to mitigate future mold
- Restoring or replacing hard and soft surfaces affected by mold growth
- Keeping our staff and your property protected with tarps and personal protective equipment
- Blocking off contaminated areas to keep mold from spreading
- Using HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters, dehumidifiers, and air purifiers
Our team is equipped and ready to remediate mold from your space using tried-and-true methods that return your home to a clean and pre-mold state.
What Kills Mold on Black Wood?
The growth of black mold or toxic mold in your home may lead to severe respiratory problems if not handled properly or quickly. If mold is only affecting a small part of your home, you may still be able to remove it yourself if you have the right products on hand.
When cleaning or removing black mold, please use precautions as it is tied to serious respiratory issues and skin irritations.
Before you begin removing the mold be sure to wear the following:
- Protective gear that has been rated to protect you from mold spores, such as a respirator or N95 mask.
- Clothes that cover your entire body (long-sleeve and pants)
- Goggles to protect your eyes
- Rubber gloves to protect your hands from mold and cleaning solutions
Killing black mold on wood involves using the right solutions that are strong enough to kill the mold and will not harm your wood. The type of solution you use depends on the type of wood you are cleaning as well.
Solutions for black mold on different types of wood:
- Wooden floors - scrub the mold away with diluted bleach or diluted dishwashing detergent or distilled white vinegar
- Drywall - hydrogen peroxide or baking soda
- Wooden furniture - wipe the furniture with diluted bleach or diluted dishwashing detergent
- Wood decking - use diluted bleach, diluted dishwashing detergent, or distilled white vinegar, then protect the wood with a varnish after it has completely dried.
After you have cleaned the surface, give it ample time to dry thoroughly. If the mold damage in your home is severe, then ensure you and your family’s safety by allowing our Maple Grove mold remediation experts to get the job done right! Call ServiceMaster Professional Services at (763) 294-7638 -- we are available 24/7!
Call (763) 294-7638at your earliest convenience to speak with a representative about your situation.