Fire & Smoke Damage Cleanup & Restoration
Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic and when burned, it can create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to un-salvageable As smoke and fire damage restoration experts, ServiceMaster by Fuson understands the chemical combinations that effectively clean and salvage belongings. We remove soot from brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain, as well as from fabrics in upholstery and carpets.
RESIDENTIAL FIRE & SMOKE DAMAGE CLEAN UP MICHIGAN FAMILIES CAN COUNT ON.
Seeing your home and precious possessions consumed by fire can be one of the most severe losses that a homeowner can experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having clear guidance and support in salvaging as much as possible from fire and smoke damage.
At ServiceMaster by Fuson, our technicians are more than talented professionals; they’re caring people ready to get you back in your home as quickly as possible while keeping you informed every step of the way. With our comprehensive range of fire-damage services, including soot, smoke and odor removal, ServiceMaster by Fuson has got you covered.
COMMON TYPES OF FIRES
Protein Fire Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong, burned-food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
Complex Fire: Multiple natural and synthetic items inside your home have burned, causing black smoke residue on contents and surfaces and synthetic smoke odors. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.
Natural Fire: Trees, shrubs and bushes have burned, and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside, so smoke residue and odor are present.
Furnace Malfunction: Heating appliances like oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned and caused smoke to be distributed throughout the property.
FIRE DAMAGE GOES BEYOND BURNING ITEMS
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials left behind.
- Odors from smoke will stay in a room or a home long after the fire and continue to cause problems if they are not removed.
- In a few minutes, walls and other surfaces can become discolored.
- In a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
WHAT WE DO!
NOT ALL FIRE DAMAGE IS THE SAME. OUR THOROUGH FIRE RESTORATION PROCESS INCLUDES:
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if necessary)
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke & soot particles
- Removing contents—including the collection of immediate items you may need for the next seven days, such as clothing, prescriptions, toys, school books, business needs, etc.
- Packing out remaining contents for cleaning & storage
- Performing structural restoration, including removal of charred contents that may seal in smoke, such as insulation & burned wood
- Evaluating carpets & floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house & subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors
- Sealing to prevent odors from leaking back into the house
- Cleaning, eliminating odors & deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location & helping to restore your normal life
Get Help Now! CALL (989) 200-5126