Independence Day is one of the summer’s most fun holidays with family and friends, fireworks and barbecues, but there are numerous ways children and pets can be injured during the festivities. ServiceMaster Restore is available to help your policyholders 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days per year- and that includes Independence Day weekend. Keep them safe during your celebration with these tips:
- Fireworks: More than 4,000 children under age 14 experience firework injuries. Keep your children safe by keeping fireworks in the hands of adults.
- Food: Make sure foods like onions, grapes, raisins and chocolate desserts are kept out of your pets’ reach. These are all toxic, and can even be fatal, for animals.
- Grill: Both children and pets are attracted to the smell and sight of food cooking. Keep them at least three feet away from the grill while it is lit or hot.
- Water Safety: Children can drown in as little as one inch of water, so make sure someone supervises them at all times around any source of water.
- Alcohol: Even a small amount of alcohol can be dangerous to children, so remove any empty or partially empty cups or glasses as soon as possible.
We respond quickly to help your policyholders recover from water, fire or smoke damage and restore their peace of mind.
Call (762) 226-2114 to reach our disaster response center 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days per year.