Residential Water Damage Restoration in Newnan
As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. When water damage makes an unwelcome appearance in your home, it must be addressed as quickly as possible to prevent the problem from spreading. If left alone, uncontrolled water can increase potential electrical hazards, require costly repairs, and create an environment for toxic mold growth, which is dangerous for your family’s health.
Fortunately, at ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Newnan, we have water damage restoration experts that are available to schedule repairs or arrive any time for an emergency. Our professionals can offer guidance and work to quickly mitigate damages before restoring your home.
What Causes Water Damage?
There are many scenarios in which water can prove troublesome in the home, including:
- Toilet overflows
- Gutter clogs
- Water heater leaks
- Appliance malfunctions
- Sump pump overflows
- Pipe bursts
- Severe weather
- Sewage backups
- AC unit condensation
- Sprinkler system problems
- Structural damages
- Water main bursts
It’s important to note that this list is not all-inclusive. Water damage is quite common and can happen for many reasons, which is why you’ll want to trust your home to experts who understand how to navigate every intricacy of the water damage restoration process.
What to Do if You’re Experiencing Water Damage
If you’ve already found excess water in your home, there are several things you can do before restoration professionals arrive:
- The first thing is to call for immediate assistance – damage can begin within a matter of hours.
- Turn the electricity off if you’ll be entering a room with standing water.
- If you have access to the source of water and the ability to shut it down easily, do so now.
- Remove as much extra water as you can by mopping.
- Run fans, open windows and doors, and open cabinet drawers to allow for air circulation that helps dry the space.
- Remove items from the area that are not permanently attached, relocating them to a safe and dry space.