WILDFIRE PREPAREDNESS in Sacramento
Prepare Your Business or Commercial Property for Fire Season
Every year, businesses in Sacramento face the risk of major damage and loss from wildfires. In California, a fire can happen at any time. Wildfire season, though, occurs when weather conditions are especially hot and dry. This is generally during the summer and early fall. These natural disasters begin at a moment's notice and move rapidly. Some advanced planning can help you minimize the losses suffered by your business.
ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Sacramento provides expert wildfire damage restoration for Sacramento businesses. We also provide comprehensive pre-loss planning. We guide you through even the toughest challenges with knowledge and expertise. Our trained Sacramento restoration service technicians have a dedication to personalized support and assistance. Our first priority is providing our customers fast, efficient, and lasting solutions. We focus on helping them restore their property to its previous condition.
Tips to Minimize the Risk of Wildfire Damage
Wildfires pose a serious threat to homes and businesses across the country. This is especially true in California and the arid Western and Southwest regions. Unfortunately, sometimes nothing can prevent a fire from doling out devastating losses. But with proactive planning, your business stands a better chance of minimizing risk.
Act before fire season arrives, and on an ongoing basis. Take these precautions with your Sacramento commercial property:
- Mark your property's entrance with clearly visible, legible signage.
- Reduce potential kindling on a regular basis. Trim lawns, rake leaves, and clear debris from roofs and rain gutters.
- Trim low-hanging tree branches above and around your property.
- Hang fire-resistant draperies on windows for added protection.
- Store flammable liquids, solvents, and other materials in metal containers. Keep them at least 30 feet from your building, wooden fences, or other structures on your property.
- Cover all exterior openings or crevices (vents, eaves, attics) with metal mesh screens no larger than 1/4 inch. This blocks both accumulated debris and wayward sparks.
- Keep hydrants, ponds, and other water sources easily accessible to the fire department.
If your business or commercial property is in the potential path of an active wildfire, take the following actions:
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Close all interior doors and windows to prevent drafts.
- Shut off gas at the meter. Only a qualified professional can safely turn the gas back on.
ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Sacramento is available 24/7, any day of the year. We can help you in the aftermath of a wildfire or other natural disasters. We can also help you prepare your business or property to minimize risk of loss or to help you recover faster.
If there's a wildfire near you, don't panic. Follow our tips or give us a call to speak with an expert today!
Your Local Wildfire Restoration Expert
ServiceMaster Restore is here to help. We have been a local fire cleaning company for over 30 years and we've seen it all.
Get your home back to normal
The first step in wildfire recovery is getting rid of the smoke, ash and soot inside your home. Our trained technicians will come in and cleanse your home of all contaminants that may cause respiratory problems.
We're clean and green
Our experts use eco-friendly, biodegradable products that don't have any harsh chemicals, including ammonia or bleach. We've never used any ozone depleting substances like methyl bromide which are dangerous to humans, animals and the environment.
Be prepared ahead of time
Wildfires can happen anywhere, anytime, and unexpectedly. Preparation is the key to surviving a wildfire. By taking a few simple steps, you can protect your safety and your home.
Get yourself and your family prepared with these simple steps:
- Find out if you're in an evacuation zone
- Make sure there's enough room in your vehicle
- Keep your car filled with gas and a full tank of water
- Take pictures of valuable items in the house that are irreplaceable
If the unthinkable happens, we are here to help. Give us a call at (916) 299-7664 or contact us online for fire damage restoration today!