Residential Fire Damage Repair in St. Cloud, MN
Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services
A fire is perhaps the most destructive disaster that can occur in a home or building as it can cause a significant amount of damage virtually without warning. After the fire is extinguished, the damage can get worse because synthetic materials release chemical emissions when burned and soot and other corrosive byproducts will continue to spread and cause further damage. If the damage is not restored soon enough after the fire has been put out, it can become permanent.
ServiceMaster Professional Services provides smoke and fire damage restoration services to help homes and businesses in St. Cloud, MN recover from a fire. Our technicians are trained and experienced to clean and restore fire damage in residential and commercial settings and we can also remove soot damage from delicate household surfaces such as chrome, brass, marble, tile, aluminum, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery.
What to Do After a Fire
- Call SVMPS immediately for fire and smoke damage restoration services because corrosive byproducts and soot can spread
- Open your doors and windows to air out your home if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Clean chrome, Formica, aluminum, and porcelain surfaces to help prevent tarnishing.
- Furnaces that use forced hot air should have their air filters replaced.
- Tape damp cheesecloths over the return and supply registers in your home to filter soot from the air.
- Dispose of all open food containers.
- If the power is out, thoroughly clean out your entire refrigerator and leave the door open to dry.
- Smoke damaged clothing can be restored with our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch surfaces with soot or smoke damage because the oil from your hands can make it worse.
- Do not try to wash soot from the walls because you can make it worse with improper cleaning methods.
- Do not wash carpeting or upholstery yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures that are hanging on a wet ceiling.
Each of our technicians at ServiceMaster Professional Services has been properly trained to provide quality fire and smoke damage restoration services and we use the most advanced equipment and cleaning products of the industry. Our fire damage restoration and cleaning services include the following five-step process:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
As soon as a fire is put out in your home or building in St. Cloud, MN, make sure to contact ServiceMaster Professional Services for fire and smoke damage restoration services. Our technicians will stop the damage from spreading and thoroughly clean and restore the furnishings and structural elements that have been damaged by smoke or fire. We are standing by to take your call 24 hours a day at(320) 252-4622 to provide emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services for St. Cloud, MN and the surrounding areas.