Residential Carpet & Upholstered Furniture Restoration
Cleaning and removing smoke odor from carpets and upholstery is a complex job. Doing it right takes the expertise of professionals who have undergone extensive training. Better yet, choose the professionals who set industry standards: ServiceMaster Restore. Our experts start by evaluating your situation to determine the best cleaning and restoration methods. Then, we go to work using proven processes, equipment and products to restore your carpeting and upholstery. At every step in the process, we are there for you to answer any questions you have and to provide guidance when you need it most.
Let the professionals handle the smoke and fire damage clean-up
Fire damage creates two types of smoke damage: visible soot and invisible odor. To prevent further damage, household textiles must be handled correctly. Deodorizing with household sprays and disinfectants may only mask smoke odors. At ServiceMaster Restore, our experts use specialized products and processes designed to remove smoke and soot to restore your carpets and upholstered items.
Not all fire damage is the same. Our thorough fire restoration process includes:
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if necessary)
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke & soot particles
- Removing contents—including the collection of immediate items you may need for the next seven days, such as clothing, prescriptions, toys, school books, business needs, etc.
- Packing out remaining contents for cleaning & storage
- Performing structural restoration, including removal of charred contents that may seal in smoke, such as insulation & burned wood
- Evaluating carpets & floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house & subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors
- Sealing to prevent odors from leaking back into the house
- Cleaning, eliminating odors & deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location & helping to restore your normal life