Autumn and winter are often the seasons that have the highest rates of mold damage in homes and businesses. This is why our priority at ServiceMaster Quality Restoration is to inform you about the warning signs of mold growth in your property. In fact, the Home Service Club has identified several commons signs of mold growth:
- Odor: Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. If you have any of these odors, identify the source of the smell and call us to test for mold damage.
- Health problems: Respiratory and allergy symptoms (coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing, wheezing, etc.) are common health hazards that indicate mold growth. If you are unable to identify the source of the allergen or cough, there may be mold in your property.
- Visible mold: If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mold growth. It’s important to know that wiping off the surface will not completely remove the mold – be sure to call a professional for a permanent solution.
- Past flooding, water leaks, or damages: Make sure that mold is not present after you’ve experienced flooding or other water damage. Although your home may seem fully restored, mold is a common side effect of any form of water damage. Call an expert to fully assess whether you’re in the clear after water damage.
- High humidity levels: If there is condensation on glass and metal surfaces, this means your home may have humidity levels. Since mold grows in moist areas, having a humid property puts you at higher risk for mold damage.
Be prepared for this winter and the holidays: If you see any warning signs for mold growth, trust ServiceMaster Quality Restoration for expert mold testing and removal services in Charlotte, NC. Contact us today.