Water damage is a common issue that occurs in homes, in fact, it is the number one reason for a homeowner to file a home insurance claim. Experiencing water loss is downright frustrating. Water damage can catch you completely off guard, you may not know where to begin the repair process. Choosing a restoration company to restore your home to its pre-loss condition is one of the first steps you will need to take. So, how do you know which company to hire? Let’s talk about what you need to know to choose the best restoration company.
When making your decision consider the following…
• Choose a company that is licensed and insured and whose employees hold current certifications in their field.
• Choose a company that is IICRC certified.
• Be sure they are in good standing with the BBB. (Better Business Bureau)
• Consider how many years of experience the company has in water mitigation.
• Choose a restoration company that can respond immediately. It is important to pick a company that offers emergency services. You will want a company that is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. When you have a water emergency you want a company with a quick response. The key to preventing further damage is quick mitigation.
• Pick a company that has experience dealing with insurance companies and knows the process.
Should you choose a restoration company that your insurance recommends?
As the customer, you have the right to hire the mitigation company of your choice. However, there are benefits to choosing a company that your insurance recommends.
What are the benefits?
- Mitigation companies that your adjuster recommends most likely have a good standing relationship with your insurance company. They will have accountability to perform quality service. They will do everything in their power to keep you happy so they continue to be recommended. Another plus is that using a mitigation company your insurance recommends usually means that they will do the insurance scope of work for the price they agree the insurance is going to pay. Other companies will bill more than what the insurance agrees to pay and then you are obligated to pay them the balance.
- It will speed up the work. Going with the company that your insurance recommends will save you time. Instead of shopping around and getting several different estimates, the work can be started right away.
- Most of the time the company your insurance recommends can handle the entire scope of the job. From water mitigation to the reconstruction of your home, you will have the ease of using one company for all the work.
- If your insurance company has been using the mitigation company for some time, this indicates that the company is stable and has a great track record of serving their clients well.
Now you have everything you need to choose the absolute best company for your water loss. We want you to know that ServiceMaster Restoration is an excellent choice for a restoration company. With years of experience, we are highly experienced in water mitigation services and available around the clock. Call us today and we will take care of you (704) 324-8528.