Did you know over 60% of homes in the United States are underinsured?*
Knowing that 2 out of every 3 homes are underinsured, a disaster could mean a financial loss to repair and rebuild your home. Your home is typically the largest investment you’ll make in your life, be sure it’s covered for all that it’s worth. At ServiceMaster Quality Restoration, we’re there for you during the worst of times. We provide restoration services from damage caused by water, wind, fire, and smoke. You may not be able to prevent all these scenarios but you should feel confident your home is insured for all it’s worth.
We’ve put together a few tips to ensure you have the right level of insurance.
- Have you remodeled or made improvements to your home? Contact your agent even before remodeling ends to be sure you have the right level of coverage.
- Cover your personal possessions.
- Document your personal possessions. Ever forget you own something? After a disaster, it’s unlikely you’ll remember everything stored in your garage, for example.
- Create a digital document of your most important possessions so you have this information ready for your agent.
- Do you have flood insurance? No standard insurance policy will cover flood damage.
Visit https://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/ to see what your current risk level is along with premiums and agents.
When in doubt, call your insurance agent to talk over any of these points. Feel confident the coverage you have is sufficient to cover the value of your home and possessions.
Should you ever find your home or business damaged by water, fire, or wind, call the restoration experts at ServiceMaster Quality Restoration in Charlotte, NC.