Prevent Mold in Your Bathroom
Your bathroom is the perfect breeding ground for mold to grow. A room that holds moisture and heat, it provides just the right conditions. Simply taking a shower or bath creates moisture for mold to thrive in. Fortunately we can help you to prevent mold from growing in your bathroom.
Tips to Prevent Mold
- Open a window or run your bathroom fan after taking a bath or shower. Do this for a minimum of 30 minutes. This will create enough ventilation so that moisture is reduced.
- Get rid of hiding places for mold such as cloth shower curtains, wallpaper and damp bathroom rugs. Make sure to dry out rugs after use and wash them often.
- If you have a shower door, keep it open after taking a shower to help it dry.
- Clean your bathroom daily with a cleaner that contains bleach, it doesn’t have to be extensive cleaning every day but just a simple wipe down.
- Keep your bathroom as light as possible. Keep your blinds up as much as possible. Mold loves the dark so keep your bathroom bright!
- Keep your bathroom towels hung up, resist throwing them on the floor after your shower. Keeping them dry will prevent mold.
Indoor mold growth can become a tenacious problem. A significant amount of mold can impact indoor air quality and can be difficult and costly to remove. To prevent bathroom mold follow our tips above.
Remember that ServiceMaster Restoration is available should you need any of our services. We offer 24/7 Emergency Fire, Water Damage and Mold Remediation services. No mess is too big for us to handle.