Water is 10 times more likely to damage your home than a fire*. With that in mind, most of us think water damage is caused primarily by natural disasters. The unfortunate reality is that household appliances can be just as destructive.
At ServiceMaster Quality Restoration, we believe prevention is key. We’ve come up with a list of tips to help you prevent water damage.
- Know where the main water supply is located.
- Consider having your air conditioner system routinely inspected by a professional.
- Inspect tubs, toilets, sinks, water heaters and dishwashers annually. Repair if there are any signs of corrosion or leaks.
- Check appliance hoses and plumbing fittings for bending, breakage, or crimping.
- Inspect caulking around bathtubs, sinks, shower and toilet basins and repair if needed.
- Check pipes for cracks and leaks. Fix immediately to prevent more damage and costly repairs.
Should you ever find water damage in your home, take action immediately and call ServiceMaster Quality Restoration. We’re here for you 24/7. We provide water damage restoration services to homes and businesses in and around Charlotte, NC.
*Source: Travels Claim Data, Travelers Insurance