Happy Birthday, America! The fourth of July is almost here, a great weekend for some fun. Millions of Americans will be celebrating the weekend with fireworks. While we want you to have a fantastic time, we want to remind you that fireworks can be dangerous. In fact, emergency rooms are flooded on holidays with firework-related injuries.
The good news is, you can still enjoy your fireworks and stay injury-free by following a few safety rules. Keep in mind that fireworks that leave the ground are illegal in many areas. If they are legal where you live, please practice safety this holiday by following the tips below.
Never allow children to play with fireworks, keep children supervised always when around fireworks. If you allow your children to use sparklers, keep a very close eye on them, and consider their age before doing so. Sparklers can reach up to 1,800 degrees.
Do not attempt to pick up, or light a firework again if it has not ignited.
Never put fireworks in your pocket, at the risk they could explode.
- Once you light your firework, move away very quickly. Only light one at a time, it is also a good idea to wear eye protection.
- Do not wear loose clothing when setting off fireworks.
- Point all fireworks away from homes, brush, or any flammable items.
- Never point a firework towards another person.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of an emergency.
- Don’t forget about your pets. Many pets are afraid of fireworks and the loud noises will stress them out. Keep them inside to prevent them from running away or getting injured.
- Do not ever try to make homemade fireworks.
If you or one of your loved ones is injured by a firework accident, please go to the doctor or hospital immediately. Fireworks can be a great time if enjoyed safely. Keep in mind this summer that ServiceMaster Restoration is open 24/7 for all your disaster needs. We want to wish everyone a healthy, happy Fourth Of July weekend.
Call us today at (704) 324-8528.