Cleaning After a Fire: It’s risky for DIYers
Rethink DIY Smoke Damage Cleanup
When you’ve experienced a disaster, we know that it may seem easier just to clean up the damage yourself after a fire. BUT BEWARE! If you’re into DIY cleaning, call an expert and stay away from doing it yourself:
- THERE ARE HEALTH RISKS! It’s not safe to stick around your home if you’ve had a fire. Ash and other airborne materials can be extremely detrimental to your health.
- Call an expert – fast! Smoke can cause permanent damage within hours after the fire has been extinguished.
- Smoke and ash are extremely corrosive, and wiping it off with a rag can cause more damage than good.
- Even if you’ve aired out the place and cleaned all of your surfaces, smoke odor can linger. ServiceMaster has smoke odor removal technology that is more powerful than any DIY job.
- Normal laundry WILL NOT remove smoke odor! Call ServiceMaster or take your textiles to an experienced smoke-odor removal dry cleaner to fully rid your upholstery and fabric from that smoky smell.
- Smoke can tarnish metal and etch glass like nobody’s business – be sure you’ve consulted an expert to ensure that you can fully restore your valuables after a fire.
DIYers of Charlotte: You don’t have to be alone after a disaster. ServiceMaster Quality Restoration is here 24/7 365 days-a-year to help you restore your peace of mind. We work with all parties involved – including insurance providers and any possible third-party contractors – to ensure that your property is fully restored quickly and efficiently. Trust us and call today!
Photo: Paul Sableman