FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION
RELIABLE RESTORATION SERVICES FOR YOUR HOME
Seeing your home and possessions consumed by fire can be one of the most severe losses that a homeowner can experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having support in restoring itemsfrom the damage. It is important to begin restoring your home as soon as possible in order to minimize any further damage.
After the fire has been extinguished, it is important to contact your insurance company and take pictures of the damage. Make sure to save any salvageable items that may be scattered throughout the property. It is also beneficial to document all of the damage with photos and videos.
Once you have documented the damage, it is important to contact a fire damage restoration professional. The professionals at ServiceMaster Restore can help assess the damage and provide the best plan of action for restoring your home. The restoration process may include removing smoke and soot, cleaning items that were not damaged, and repairing areas that were affected.
You can rely on the fire damage restoration services at servicemaster restore to help you start rebuilding. Contact us now to se how we can help.
At ServiceMaster Restore®, our technicians are more than just talented professionals. They’re caring people ready to get your home back to normal while keeping you informed every step of the way. With our comprehensive range of fire damage services, ServiceMaster Restore has got you covered.
What goes into fire restoration?
The process of fire restoration may include property board up, demolition, and reconstruction, as well as removal of debris, odors, and soot. Any disturbed hazards, such as lead and asbestos, must be addressed and taken care of. The restoration process typically begins with an assessment of the damage to the property, followed by the removal of debris, damaged materials, and smoke odors. Once the affected area is cleaned, the affected area is dried, and any structural repairs and reconstruction is completed. Finally, all affected surfaces are cleaned and sanitized, and the affected materials are replaced.
Fire Damage Restoration FAQ
What is fire damage restoration?
Fire damage restoration involves returning a home or business to its pre-fire condition through specialized services that address the effects of smoke and soot, odors, structural issues caused by heat and other concerns. Services may include water remediation efforts as well as cleaning techniques designed to save materials damaged in the blaze.
How long can it take for fire damage restoration?
It really depends on how much work needs to be done but typically takes anywhere from a few days up to several weeks depending upon factors such as size of space impacted and extent of items needing replacement/restoration after assessment following cleanup steps performed initially when possible (i.e., assessing which objects need replacing versus those able cleaned).
Is there any way I can make sure my property does not suffer future fires ?
Yes ! Take preventative measures such reducing clutter around your space including outside areas; Educating yourself about potential hazards related combustible materials within reachable range during use everyday activities (such cooking); Installing functional detectors throughout all rooms with elevated levels tested periodically.
Here are some of the removal services we offer:
Common Types of Fires That Could Affect Your Home
Though all fires can be devastating for your home, not all are the same. Each type of fire can result in different kinds of damage. This will require a different kind of fire restoration solution.
The common types of fires include:
- Protein Fire: Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong, burned-food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
- Complex Fire: Multiple natural and synthetic items in your home have burned, causing greasy yellow residue on contents. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.
- Natural Fire: Trees, shrubs, and bushes have burned, and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside. Smoke residue and odor are present.
- Furnace Malfunction: Heating appliances like oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned. This causes smoke to be distributed throughout the property.
Fire Damage Goes Beyond Burning Items
The walls and roof of your home are only the beginning of what is damaged during, and even after, a fire. Any item inside your house, even if it isn’t all that close to the fire itself, is susceptible to some damage:
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials left behind.
- Odors from smoke will stay in a room or a home long after the fire and continue to cause problems if they are not removed.
- In a few minutes, walls and other surfaces can become discolored.
- In a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Fire Damage Restoration Customized to Your Needs
Since no two properties are the same – and no two fires are either. The fire damage restoration process will vary from one home to the next. Our expert team will first assess all your damages before creating a plan of action.
Our thorough fire damage restoration process includes:
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if necessary)
- Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles
- Removing contents—including the collection of immediate items you may need for the next seven days. This includes clothing, prescriptions, toys, schoolbooks, business needs, etc.
- Packing out remaining contents for cleaning and storage
- Performing structural restoration, including removal of charred contents that may seal in smoke, such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house and subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors
- Sealing to prevent odors from leaking back into the house
- Cleaning, eliminating odors, and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location and helping to make your house feel like home again
Don’t Try To Do It Yourself
The residue left behind after a fire can be hazardous and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of. Not everyone knows what to do after a fire. You do not want to attempt to clean up your home on your own after a fire, or you may end up causing more damage. Only emergency fire damage restoration experts with the right training and tools can ensure that the job is done properly. ServiceMaster Restore is the expert of our field. We have industry leading techniques and training developed over our 65+ years of experience.
Quick Tips for When You Experience a Loss
Here are some helpful tips on what you should do when you experience fire and smoke damage:
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean laminate surfaces as well as chrome, porcelain, and aluminum to prevent permanent tarnishing.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.pre
What not to do:
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash the walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Disasters like fires can be quite traumatizing. Our restoration experts are always here for you. We offer 24/7 availability and work in a fast, efficient manner that never compromises quality. ServiceMaster Restore is dedicated to helping you, your family, and your home get back to normal. If you are concerned with the health risks after a fire, then contact us now!