Fire Damage Restoration in Los Angeles, CA
Our technicians will stabilize your property as soon as they arrive onsite
Fire is considered one of the most dangerous disasters because of how much damage it does to a property and the risk it poses to people’s lives. Fires can easily spread throughout the house, which is why immediate action must be taken.
ServiceMaster EMT provides fire damage restoration services to fire-damaged homes and businesses in Los Angeles, CA. Our restoration contractors will stabilize your property as soon as they arrive onsite to prevent further structural damage. We will then begin the cleaning process, where we clean and restore all items damaged by the fire.
Problems Caused by Fire Damage
Fire causes several different types of damage to the property. The flames themselves cause the primary damage by destroying furnishings and structural elements of the building. Corrosive byproducts, such as soot, smoke, and residue, cause secondary damage by harming building materials and personal belongings. These corrosive byproducts are created by the burning of synthetic materials, which are involved in synthetic fires, the most common type of house fire.
Types of Fires
- Protein fire – involves charred and burned material, stove-top grease, and hair and living tissue
- Wood and paper fire – involves wood or paper products being consumed, any fire where wood structure is present
- Synthetic fire – involves burned plastic materials, electrical fires, and upholstery furnishing and carpeting being consumed
Regardless of the source, fires create corrosive byproducts that can negatively affect the objects and materials it encounters. Aluminum, marble, brass, chrome, tile, porcelain, and wood can all experience etching and discoloring if affected by soot and this change will become permanent if not addressed. When flooring and furniture materials are burned, they create complex chemical reactions that are harmful and toxic. Our team is properly trained to clean your damaged items and replace materials that are creating dangerous chemicals.
Fire Damage Restoration Los Angeles, CA
If your property has fire damage, DO
- Contact ServiceMaster EMT for our emergency fire damage restoration services
- Open all doors and windows to air out the property if over 60 degrees
- Wipe off aluminum, chrome, and porcelain to prevent additional damage
- Change your air filter’s furnace
- Place a damp cloth over your return and supply vents to filter soot from the air
- Completely clean out your refrigerator
- Throw away food containers
- Gather smoke-damaged clothes to be cleaned by a dry-cleaner
If your property has fire damage, DO NOT
- Touch any surface damaged by soot to avoid further damage from the oils in your hand
- Attempt to clean upholstery or carpeting
- Clean any soot damage yourself
- Use any ceiling fixtures attached to a wet ceiling
- Use any electronics until a professional has confirmed they are safe
Fire Damage Restoration Process
Our trained professionals have the proper equipment to fully repair and restore properties suffering from fire damage and even water damage from the fire hoses. We can restore damaged belongings, repair the building’s structure, and return your property to its original state.
Our fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Damaged items and content cleaning
- Pack-out services
- Wall, ceiling, carpet, and upholstery cleaning
- Smoke and soot cleaning
- Odor removal
Contact ServiceMaster EMT at 702-744-9907 anytime for our emergency fire damage restoration services in Los Angeles, CA.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services: