Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration in Pompano Beach
The last thing anyone needs is a fire to get out of hand. Flames alone wreak havoc and then comes the ash and soot to tarnish possessions. Don’t forget the lingering smoke odors that seem nearly impossible to eliminate. And there will probably be water damage from firefighting efforts. If water isn't carefully treated, mold can grow in the damp environments left unseen. It’s a lot to handle. These are just a few of the components and complexities involved in fire damage restoration.
At ServiceMaster Elite - South Florida, we get it. Because we handle these situations every day for home and business owners. While each instance is unique, our trained professionals understand the significance of rapid response with fire damage repair. Once we arrive on-site, we’ll quickly assess and inspect to create a plan that gets you back to normal as quickly as possible.
Several of the steps that are common for fire damage restoration include:
- Inspecting the Source: Each type of fire calls for a different solution, whether it was protein-based, natural, or complex.
- Evaluating Water Damage: If there were firefighting efforts, we will determine the extent of treatment necessary for the excess water.
- Remediating Water Damage: Our team will prevent water from worsening the issues. Remediation can consist of drying, dehumidifying, cleaning, and sanitizing.
- Contents Management: This often entails packing out and relocating your belongings to a safe facility offsite for cleaning and recovery. We will maintain a detailed inventory of items, store them securely, clean, and return everything to help you get back to normal.
- Tarping & Board-up: To help keep your home safe from vandalism and robbery during restoration, we will tarp and board-up any exposed areas.
- Safety Measures: We will inspect for structural stability, remove charred contents, and reconstruct walls, flooring, etc. as necessary.
- Smoke Damage Cleaning Services: We will focus on removing smoke odor and damage to your belongings and property through effective de-odorization methods.
- Treating & Sealing: Once everything is clean and beginning to feel more like normal, we will seal to prevent odors from leaking back into the house.
Our team will help you get back to normal as much as possible.
Call us today at (954) 710-6346 for fire restoration in South Florida.
Tips for Fire and Smoke Damage
Here are some of our favorite pieces of advice for making the most of your situation while you wait for professional assistance. We do not recommend taking DIY steps for fire damage cleanup, because you run the risk of breathing in toxic by-products, or injury from hidden structural issues. Even a small fire can turn into a costly repair job if not handled correctly and carefully.
What To Do to Prepare for Fire Damage Clean up
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees Fahrenheit, open doors, and windows to let fresh air circulate.
- Swap out the air filter on your furnace if yours uses forced air.
- Capture loose soot particles by taping damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers.
- Turn the electricity off, clean out the inside of your refrigerator and leave the doors open for airflow.
What Not To Do
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands, even if you’re cleaning things, because the oil from your hands can cause additional damage.
- Do not use any electrical appliances for cleaning or any other use until they have been examined.
- Do not attempt to wash the walls, or clean flooring, unless you have training in the correct ways to do so.
If you need fire and smoke damage restoration in Pompano Beach, the ServiceMaster team is a phone call away at (954) 710-6346.