Foul odors aren’t always so simple to get rid of on porous surfaces and fabrics, especially when they result from a fire, flood, or mold. For these extreme instances, you need a restoration service company with years of experience and highly trained specialists to assist at your home in Burlington.
At ServiceMaster Restoration Services - Williston, we’re here to eliminate the foulest odors using cutting-edge equipment and decades of skill. Our restoration professionals have the industry knowledge and confidence to work with homeowners dealing with complex odor issues. Our team is backed by a brand with over 65 years of expertise, so you can rest assured that your home is in the most capable hands possible.
Foul odors can come from various places, including:
- Burst pipes – Depending on the type of pipe that burst, raw sewage and wastewater can leak into your home. As a result, you end up with lingering odors that require the assistance of a committed professional.
- Mold – Mold only needs 24-48 hours to spread from surface to surface. And because mold carries bacteria, mildewy smells are a horrible side effect. Still, our Burlington team can remediate mold, eliminate surface odors, and dehumidify the space thoroughly to avoid another infestation.
- Hoarding – When a loved one is living with severe hoarding, they may collect everything, including piles of trash and waste inside their home. This can lead to rotting food, decomposing organic matter, and unsanitary conditions that leave behind unpleasant smells. We can clean up hoarding situations discreetly and ensure the homeowner is happy and safe.
- Biohazard – Chemical spills or bloodborne pathogens can leave behind intense smells that are dangerous if inhaled. Our team is rigorously trained to handle these incidents with the proper protective gear and industrial-grade products.
- Fire and smoke – Once a blaze is extinguished, it doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods. Smoke and ash can cause unpleasant odors that absorb into hard and soft surfaces. These smells can last for weeks or even months if not addressed immediately.
Keeping your home odor-free can be challenging when dealing with the aftermath of a natural or unnatural disaster. Fortunately, our Burlington restoration service professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help you remediate odors for good and help repair any damage they might have caused.
How Can Foul Odors Affect My Home & Health?
While unpleasant smells might seem easy to remove, they can penetrate surfaces and require significant remediation tactics. Delays in eliminating foul odors can make them worse, more difficult to remove, and adversely affect your home in the following ways.
Impact Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Your home deserves to be presented in its best light. Just because it appears clean doesn’t mean it is, especially if there are lingering smells emanating from various surfaces. Extremely unpleasant odors may not be visually obvious, but they can negatively impact IAQ. Foul smells can even result in difficulty breathing for those with asthma and respiratory conditions. Our Burlington restoration specialists use hydroxyl generators and high-efficiency air scrubbers that cleanse the air to make breathing easier.
Destroy Valuable Items
We consider foul odors some of the most complicated to repair because the damage is usually invisible. When disagreeable smells penetrate family heirlooms and other valuable possessions, they’re not unsalvageable. Our proprietary products can eliminate odors from delicate materials and keep you from discarding special and treasured items.
Exacerbate Health Conditions
Some odors are so intense that you can experience visceral reactions that exacerbate existing health conditions, potentially leading to hospitalization. With our local residential restoration service company supporting you, you don’t have to deal with foul smells alone. We aim to eliminate unpleasant odors so that you and your loved ones can live comfortably in a space that looks and feels clean.
Lengthen Restoration Schedule
Residential restorations can be lengthy, in general, depending on the extent of the property damage. Still, adding odor removal on top of them can make the process longer, notably when smells linger and have time to penetrate porous surfaces. When we offer recovery assistance, you can count on a customized restoration plan to fit your needs and account for the specific damage.
Our Burlington team is equipped with powerful, eco-friendly products that minimize allergic reactions and maximize results. We guide you through the entire process because we know how confusing, overwhelming, and devastating this time in your life can be. Rest assured that our support will help you get back to normal faster and restore your peace of mind.
Call (802) 551-3555 to get started, or contact us online for any questions.