Residential Water Damage Restoration in Fort Dodge
Bringing Your Home Back to Pre-Loss Condition
Sometimes natural disasters are the cause. Sometimes appliances malfunction and are at fault. But no matter what the cause, water damage is not something to take lightly. Flooding can happen in a moment and spread quickly. This can cause electrical hazards, inflict structural damage, and even create an environment for toxic mold to grow.
If you have experienced water damage, ServiceMaster by Rice - Fort Dodge is at-the-ready. We are on standby 24/7 in case of emergency to quickly help you mitigate the damage. We strive to restore your property to pre-loss condition. We’ll guide you through the process, answer questions, address concerns, and alleviate
Some of the common causes of water damage we address came from sources like:
- Plumbing leaks
- Toilet clogs
- Drain blockages
- HVAC condensation
- Sump pump failures
- Foundation cracks
- Appliance malfunctions
- Roof leaks
- Gutter clogs
- Supply line leaks
- Pipe bursts
- Water heater problems
You’re most likely to spot water damage throughout your home on your walls, ceilings, kitchens, and in your basement. But if you suspect hidden water, don’t hesitate to reach out for a thorough inspection.
What To Do If You’re Experiencing Water Damage
Before professionals arrive for mitigation, you can take steps such as:
- Turn off the electricity to any rooms with standing water
- Mop and blot up excess water
- Remove rugs and floor coverings if they’re not permanently attached
- Relocate photos, décor, and books to a safe and dry location
What Not To Do During Water Damage
For your safety and to avoid making problems worse, if you’re going through water damage, do not:
- Enter a room with standing water unless you turn the electricity off
- Use a regular household vacuum or wet/dry vacuum to remove water
- Lift tacked-down carpeting or floor coverings without professional assistance
- Disturb any visible mold growth
When you call our team to help restore your home, our process includes:
- A thorough inspection of the damages to determine the source. Uncovering the best solutions available. Complete and detailed explanations of the process and transparent pricing before work begins.
- Starting a mitigation process to ensure no further damage occurs. This means drying, dehumidification, and relocating items to a secure facility for cleaning. Any items brought to our offsite facility will be kept in an up-to-date inventory which you will have access to.
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing your home. We’ll seal to prevent any return of damp odors and address all areas where mold could grow.
- Returning your items and helping to bring your home back to normal so you can enjoy your regular activities without worry.