Residential Water Damage Restoration in Spring hill, FL
Emergency Water Damage Mitigation Services
If you experience flooding caused by a plumbing failure, a hurricane or other extreme weather, call the best water damage company in Spring Hill. At ServiceMaster Professional Services, our technicians are trained to restore your office or home to the pre-event condition as quickly as possible.
We’ll handle the entire process from water extraction to cleaning and sanitizing the building. Our goal is to minimize the disruption in your life, so we’ll help take care of the insurance claims, estimates and paperwork.
Common Water Damage Problems
Since water is corrosive, it works relentlessly to create holes and breaches in pipes and hoses. Once water is no longer controlled, it can cause extensive damage.
Take a look at some of the common water-related problems we encounter every day:
Outdoor Water Damage
- Water main breaks
- Groundwater flooding
- Extreme rain
Indoor Water Damage
- Toilet bowl and sink cracks
- Breaks in washing machine and dishwasher hoses
- Broken or frozen pipes
- Water heater malfunctions
- Condensate leaks in air conditioners
- Breaks in refrigerator water lines
In any water damage situation, time is of the essence. Metal objects begin to rust quickly when exposed to water. Several hours later, carpets are permanently stained, furniture cracks and plywood delaminates. Mildew follows a few days later, and mold spores begin to grow.
Spring Hill Water Damage Mitigation
Once you call ServiceMaster Professional Services, we’ll send out an expert team to analyze the situation and develop a comprehensive restoration strategy that includes the following:
- Water Extraction: Our techs have the training and advanced equipment to ensure all the water and moisture is removed. Your home will be cleaned, sanitized and deodorized, so you won’t have to worry about your floors or furniture warping in the future.
- Drying: Once the extraction process is finished, our technicians thoroughly dry your floors, walls, ceilings, contents, and carpets. We’ll eliminate any existing mold and apply an anti-microbial to prevent future growth.
- Pack-out/Pack-in Services: We understand the importance of preserving your personal belongings, so we carefully pack everything and arrange for dry storage. Your valuables will be returned completely intact once the restoration is complete.
- Duct Cleaning: Water damage in your ductwork is hidden, so it’s important to inspect the air distribution system and clean it if necessary. Fiberglass duct liner provides an ideal environment for mildew, mold, bacteria and fungi growth. We provide duct inspection and cleaning services, so your heating and cooling system operates safely and efficiently.
Preventing Water Damage in Your Home
Water damage can cause significant issues in your home, leading to costly repairs and potential health hazards. However, there are steps you can take to prevent water damage and protect your property.
Here are some tips to help you prevent water damage:
- Inspect and maintain your gutters: Clean your gutters regularly to ensure they are free from debris and functioning properly. This will help prevent water from overflowing and causing damage to your roof or foundation.
- Check for leaks: Regularly inspect your plumbing fixtures, including faucets, pipes, and toilets, for any signs of leaks. Address any leaks promptly to prevent further damage.
- Install a sump pump: If you live in an area prone to flooding, consider installing a sump pump in your basement or crawl space. This can help prevent water damage by quickly removing excess water.
- Properly seal windows and doors: Ensure that your windows and doors are properly sealed to prevent water from seeping into your home during heavy rain or storms.
- Keep your landscaping in check: Ensure that your yard is properly graded to direct water away from your foundation. Trim trees and shrubs near your home to prevent them from causing damage during storms.
- Monitor your water bill: A sudden increase in your water bill could indicate a hidden leak. If you notice any unexplained spikes in your water usage, it's important to investigate and address the issue promptly.
By following these preventive measures, you can reduce the risk of water damage in your home and save yourself from the hassle and expense of dealing with water damage restoration.