First off, our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families and first responders who are dealing with the destructive wildfires that are impacting our state. As of this morning (Wednesday, September 9), there were 35 active wildfires burning throughout Oregon and the state is looking at resources to help residents as it continues to experience extreme weather conditions. We are paying close attention to the situation and adjusting accordingly to keep our employees and customers safe.
At ServiceMaster Restore, we are prepared to deal with the aftermath and destruction caused by these wildfires. We have the knowledge and expertise to take on the toughest challenges and the dedication to providing personalized assistance and support to solve the situation, quickly and efficiently, providing rapid recovery for businesses and homeowners alike. No matter how daunting the situation can appear, we’ll support you from beginning to end and help you navigate the solution that’s right for you and your family.
Please Protect Yourself and Your Community
We are here to help clean up after a wildfire, but we also want you to be prepared as possible. The following are a few tips to help you prepare for wildfires:
- Make and frequently practice a family evacuation plan that includes meeting locations, a communication plan and pet accommodations.
- Use building and yard materials that will not burn easily.
- Keep an area up to 100 feet around your home lean, clean and green.
- Clean your roof, gutters and deck of dead leaves and pine needles often.
- Create an emergency bag of personal items you will need if you are asked to leave home.
- Leave your home when asked to do so.
Here is how you can do your part in helping combat Oregon’s wildfires:
American Red Cross volunteers are helping those evacuated from Oregon wildfires at different evacuation points throughout the state. The extra support is always welcome, the Red Cross said on Facebook. Those who are interested in volunteering should visit redcross.org/volunteer for more information.