Residential Water Damage Restoration and Repair Services
Contact ServiceMaster of Salem Immediately for Fast, Reliable Solutions
From leaking faucets to broken water heaters to flooding, water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a homeowner. If not taken care of immediately, excess water in your home can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your home’s structure and furnishings, and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold.
When the worst happens, call the water damage restoration experts at ServiceMaster of Salem. ServiceMaster of Salem services Salem, Keizer, McMinnville and all surrounding areas. With one call, we’re at your side, providing expert guidance on what to do, with the experience to fix the problem, fast. We are available 24/7, every day of the year to provide you with emergency water damage services.
What Causes Water Damage?
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken water heaters
- Severe weather
- Appliance leaks
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Clogged gutters
- HVAC condensation
- Blocked drains
- A leaking water heater
- Washing machine supply line leak
- Sump pump problems
- Structural damage
- Foundation cracks
Water damage is a common occurrence for homeowners and it can cause issues running from paint damage to affecting the structural integrity of your home. Though there are many reasons for water damage, the most likely areas in your home that will see damage includes ceilings, kitchens, walls, and your basement. This is due to the fact that leaky pipes and floods are likely in those areas. Professionals like ServiceMaster of Salem should be consulted immediately when dealing with water damage or flooding in these common areas.
Fast water mitigation is key to restoration, and this is where ServiceMaster of Salem excels. Our technicians arrive onsite quickly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With our rapid response teams, your floors, walls, and personal property can often be restored.
Your restoration starts here. Call (503) 212-6925 to learn more about our commitment to guiding your home from crisis to resolution.
Our Restoration Process
ServiceMaster of Salem takes a 1-2-3 approach to recovery following the steps below during the water damage restoration process:
- First, we assess the damage through an inspection.
- Next is water mitigation and preventing further damage to your property and belongings. Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof.
- Finally, we help you recover from the water damage, with a focus on returning your property to pre-loss conditions.
By taking fast action and contacting ServiceMaster of Salem, you can prevent additional damage and cost.
What To Do If You’re In The Middle of A Loss
If your property has experienced water damage, there are several things you can do before our restoration experts arrive. Time is of the essence in these situations and a quick response can make a major difference in the extent of repairs and restoration. Here are some recommendations to keep in mind during a water damage or flooding event in your home:
Some things you should do:
- Immediately call for professional help. Water and bacteria-growth damages can begin within hours.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet without a professional.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
What Not to Do
There are also certain things you should not do in the case of a water emergency. Adhere to the following advice to avoid injury or further damage to your property:
- Never enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off!
- Never use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Never lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Never use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT? WE DO.®
Our Water Damage Restoration Services For Your Home
With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered:
- Appliance ruptures and leaks
- Roof leaks and failures
- Broken water heaters
- Flooded basement & rising water
- Firefighting damage
- Drying and dehumidification
- Burst and leaking pipes
- Contaminated water & sewage backups
- Content and document drying
- Carpet and upholstered furniture
Removing the Water & The Worry
With rapid response, your floors, walls, and priceless possessions can often be preserved and restored. ServiceMaster of Salem’s professionals are available 24/7 for emergency water damage services or flooded house restoration. Our certified technicians come to your home with knowledge and confidence backed by decades of field experience, along with proven water remediation techniques—perfected in our own one-of-a-kind test house—to remove moisture and promote effective drying. From start to finish, we’re with you at every step, until the last piece of furniture has been put back in place and you’re safely back in your home.