Mold Remediation in Windsor
Restoration Professionals Protecting Your Home Against Mold Damage
When mold finds its way into your personal space, the results can be devastating and threaten your loved one’s health. To avoid significant property loss and protect the safety of anyone who visits your home, you need a dedicated and skilled professional to provide affordable mold removal services promptly. Our team at ServiceMaster of Weld County offers thorough and time-saving mold damage solutions in Windsor that mitigate the loss of your personal possessions.
When you work with us, we deliver offerings that:
- Remove mold from ceilings, walls, floors, and anywhere else it’s visible
- Eliminate further mold damage and growth in your home
- Improve the air quality so everyone can breathe easier
Whether you’ve recently experienced a destructive flood or had a pipe burst in your home that caused mold damage, our mold removal service professionals are here for you.
For more information about our robust and cost-saving mold cleaning services in Windsor, call (970) 517-3460.
Our Mold Remediation & Inspection Process
Trusting our locally owned mold removal service company to eliminate this harmful contaminant at the source means you get a comprehensive mold inspection and inexpensive mold removal solutions that preserve the integrity and security of your home. In addition, we make sure to complete a detailed sweep of your space, looking for any indication of mold growth. If we locate mold, we’ll keep you informed of the next steps so you can be confident your mold remediation is in the most capable hands possible.
What Kills Black Mold On Wood?
Black mold or toxic mold is can cause severe health problems if it is left to grow in your home. Although the task may require a professional mold removal service in Cheyenne, it is possible to tackle it if you have the right supplies. There are many products that will kill mold, however, many will also permanently damage your wood. Removing black mold on wood depends on the type of wood surface that needs to be treated. Be sure to avoid products that contain corrosive or abrasive chemicals.
Because many health hazards such as respiratory issues and skin irritations are associated with black mold be sure to take precautions when removing mold on wood.
- Use a respirator or face mask that is rated to protect against mold spores.
- Wear clothing that will cover your entire body, such as a long-sleeved shirt and long pants.
- Protect your eyes with safety goggles.
- Wear rubber gloves and discard them if you take a break. Get a new pair when you start working again.
If you or your loved ones are sensitive to respiratory issues, it may be better to leave it to the professionals. Reach out to expert mold removal service in Cheyenne at ServiceMaster Restore.
How to Remove Mold From Wood
If you are able to troubleshoot your situation safely, you may try the following ways to kill black mold on wood. However, if you are unable to do it safely, reach out to our Cheyenne mold removal service at ServiceMaster Restore. We are more than happy to help you!
What kills mold on wood:
- Drywall - Use hydrogen peroxide or baking soda.
- Wooden furniture - Use diluted bleach or diluted dishwashing detergent to wipe down the furniture. Be sure to do this in an area that is well-ventilated to ensure that the wood stays dry. Consider treating the furniture before putting it back in the room where it was in case the mold spread to other parts of your house. If the furniture is not treated, then your floors and other areas of your home may get moldy again.
- Wood floors - You may use either diluted bleach, diluted dishwashing detergent, or distilled white vinegar to scrub the mold away. Be sure to remove all furniture and rugs so you can see the extent of the mold. When the floor is scrubbed, give it ample time to dry thoroughly.
- Wood decking - Use either diluted bleach, diluted dishwashing detergent, or distilled white vinegar. After the decking is dry, protect the wood further with a varnish.
Can Mold Destroy a Home?
Mold can absolutely wreak havoc on a home and cause significant property damage if left unaddressed. Removing mold isn’t something you should complete yourself, as it can be hazardous to your health.
Some of the major issues mold growth can cause include:
- Structural damage to the foundation of your home
- Substantial mold damage to heating and cooling systems, roofing, and gutters
- Exacerbating breathing issues like asthma
- Causing health problems such as headaches, skin irritation to flair up in the presence of mold
Our highly trained and experienced team uses advanced techniques and effective, specialized chemicals to minimize mold damage and remove it from your home permanently.
To speak with our mold removal Company in Windsor today, call (970) 517-3460 or contact us online.