Mold Remediation Services in Paramount, CA
Mold Removal near you
It is always concerning to discover mold growth on your property because of the risk of health problems and structural damage. Mold is often present as a result of water damage or excess moisture from some other source. Wood, drywall, and other building materials are often affected by mold because they contain cellulose, a common food source for mold. Without proper remediation and removal, the mold growth will continue to spread and cause permanent damage.
ServiceMaster Restoration by EMT - Los Angeles County offers mold remediation services for homes and businesses in Los Angeles, CA. Our professionals will locate and remove all mold from the premises and restore and repair all items damaged by mold.
Problems Caused by Mold
The mold will eventually destroy the wood, drywall, or whatever surface it grows on because mold eats away at the material. This can weaken the affected materials and the structural damage that results can cause major issues for your home or building. Mold also has a strong, unpleasant odor that can linger throughout the property if the source material is not properly removed.
Exposure to mold can cause allergic reactions and infections in residents of the building, especially in those with weak immune systems. Common allergy symptoms that mold can trigger include headaches, skin irritation, coughing, itchy eyes and throat, and nasal congestion. Respiratory infections can be a great risk for those who are exposed to mold frequently. The potential health risks will worsen if you ignore the mold growth on your property.
What are signs of mold in your house?
Some of the common warning signs of mold growth in homes include:
- Smelling musty odors that linger
- Seeing dark spots on AC filters or noticing a smell after turning the AC on
- Discovering fuzzy spots within the fibers of your upholstery
- Discoloration on tiles or grout
- Noticing paint bubbling or wallpaper peeling
How mold can affect your health
Although it would make things much easier, mold isn’t always easy to spot. Unfortunately, changes in our health can be one of the ways to discover mold. Breathing in mold spores can create symptoms of an illness, such as:
- Coughing and sneezing
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Persistent fatigue
- Onset asthma at home
- Throat irritation
This isn't an exhaustive list - there are other ways that mold can affect our health. Since mold spores travel by air, water and by hitching a ride on pets or clothing, it’s fairly easy to spread if not controlled.
For professional mold remediation and mold removal services in Los Angeles, call our experts for help at(562) 306-0577!
Mold Remediation Process
Our trained technicians are equipped with the best equipment and cleaning products to remove the mold from your property. Afterwards, we will repair or replace all materials and personal belongings damaged by mold.
Our mold removal professionals will:
- Identify the source of mold
- Examine the extent of mold damage
- Contain mold to prevent it from spreading
- Locate and remove the moisture source that resulted in mold growth
- Replace or restore all damaged materials and surfaces
- Decontaminate the area
Frequently Asked Questions about Mold
What is the Difference Between Mold Removal and Mold Remediation?
Mold removal is the process of physically removing the mold from a surface, such as scrubbing, scraping, or using chemical agents. Mold remediation is a more comprehensive approach, as it is the process of eliminating the source of the mold, as well as preventing it from returning.
Mold removal is a necessary part of the process, but it’s not enough to keep mold from returning. Through mold remediation, fixing water leaks or other sources of moisture, for example, will eliminate the source of mold. Without identifying and addressing the source, mold can continue to grow and spread.
How Do You Prevent Mold Growth?
Our team can offer professional mold remediation to help stop the infestation inside your home. However, you can do a few simple things to avoid mold altogether or reduce its spread:
As it pertains to the common causes we discussed earlier, you can prevent mold growth by:
- Controlling elements: Some ways to do this is to control the temperature to maintain a dry environment and making sure spilled water is immediately cleaned up and thoroughly dried.
- Checking labels frequently: To prevent mold from food sources, it's best to consume before it begins to rot or properly dispose before then.
- Sealing boxes and containers: Make sure boxes and other containers are properly sealed to prevent mold growth from oxygen exposure.
Related Mold Remediation Services: