Fire Damage Restoration in Meriden
Providing Repair After Fire for Hartford County, Wallingford, Cheshire, and Many Regions Across Connecticut
When it comes to fire damage, one thing is absolutely certain: no two scenarios are alike.
Every fire is unique in its cause, composition, size, and waste; some fires can involve more than 100 complex chemical reactions! How these factors arise will affect how the fire damage restoration is conducted.
At ServiceMaster Apple Valley, we offer mitigation and restoration to homeowners and property managers to restore the original state of their fire-damaged home or business.
Each estimate includes a written quote, a professional inspection, and an on-site consultation where we address any questions you may have.
We offer solutions for:
- Fire Damage
- Smoke Damage
- Water Damage
- Mold & Rot Damage: Within 24-48 hours of the water saturation required to extinguish a fire, mold will begin to grow.
- The direct damage from any fire is caused by the fire itself, as well as the immediate heat damage from the fire.
Fire will char anything it touches. Noncombustible objects may melt, and paint and wallpaper will peel. Some fires leave corrosive substances behind when they're extinguished that can damage wood, plastic, metal, and other substances.
We Provide 24 Hour Emergency Service for Fire Damage Repair
Fire damage restoration is a multi-phase process, and it's vitally important that the process begins within hours of the damage. Mold damage can begin in as little as 24 hours after saturation of building materials. This damage can affect all organic surfaces, and can be much more expensive than the fire damage itself. Waiting even a single day to begin can greatly compound the damage, cost, and restoration time needed.
We specialize in fire damage restoration and repair, which includes clean-up and repairs for fire-related damages like smoke damage restoration and soot damage repair.
Fire Damage Tips
Even after the fire is doused and the smoke cleared, time is of the essence. To increase your chances of a complete recovery, call ServiceMaster Apple Valley as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to ensure a more successful restoration.
What to do:
- Corrosive byproducts from fire and smoke can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call ServiceMaster immediately.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out your home by opening windows and doors to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Pack up clothing with heavy smoke damage to be restored by a qualified restoration dry cleaner we will provide.
Thousands of homeowners across the country have chosen ServiceMaster to handle disaster restoration in their home. Make sure you choose the professionals to return your home to it's natural beauty.
HVAC System Warning!
Fire damage in your home leads to smoke and soot that gets into every nook and cranny of your home.
Tiny particles that ended up in your HVAC system during the fire can lead to irritation in your lungs and possible scarring of the alveoli. Have an HVAC professional inspect your system after any fire.
Professional fire restoration is key to maintain your home’s value
Homeowners and business owners are often anxious to begin the cleaning and restoration process immediately after the fire has been eliminated. However, unless they seek professional advice, they may be doing much more harm to the structure than good.
Our Meriden fire damage professionals are fully trained to address the fire damage in your home and create a plan that will eliminate odors and damage, restore your salvageable property, and minimize future disaster restoration damages to your home.
At ServiceMaster Apple Valley, our 24-hour emergency fire restoration service is available every day of the year. This ensures that we'll be on-site when you need us, helping you restore your structure quickly and competently. We also offer board-up services to secure the building and keep out unwanted intruders.
Give us a call at (860) 850-2772 or contact us online for a Estimate. For 24-hour emergency service, contact us today!