RESIDENTIAL WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION AND REPAIR SERVICES in Visalia
CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY FOR FAST, RELIABLE SOLUTIONS
From leaking faucets to broken water heaters to flooding, water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a homeowner. If not taken care of immediately, excess water in your home can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your home’s structure and furnishings, and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold. When the worst happens, call the water damage restoration experts at ServiceMaster by Benevento. With one call, we’re at your side, providing expert guidance on what to do, with the experience to fix the problem, fast.
What Causes Water Damage?
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Broken water heaters
- Severe weather
- Appliance leaks
- Burst or broken pipes and hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
Whatever the cause, fast water mitigation is key to restoration, and this is where ServiceMaster by Benevento excels. Our technicians arrive onsite quickly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With our rapid response teams, your floors, walls, and personal property can often be restored.
What Is Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation is structural and non-structural measures undertaken to limit the adverse impact of natural hazards, environmental degradation and technological hazards. In other words, help in reducing the cause of problem to prevent further damage.
What To Do If You’re In The Middle of A Loss
If your property has experienced water damage, there are several things you can do before our restoration experts arrive. Time is of the essence in these situations and a quick response can make a major difference in the extent of repairs and restoration.
Some things you should do:
- Immediately call for professional help. Water and bacteria-growth damages can begin within hours.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached.
- Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet without a professional.
- Lift draperies from the floor, loop through a coat hanger, and hang them on a drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions to dry, and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Pack books tightly on shelves until a restoration pro can begin specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closets, and cabinets to enhance drying.
What Not to Do
There are also certain things you should not do in the case of a water emergency. Adhere to the following advice to avoid injury or further damage to your property:
- Never enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off!
- Never use a regular household vacuum to remove water.
- Never lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Never use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not remove books from shelves.
With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered:
- Appliance ruptures and leaks
- Roof leaks and failures
- Broken water heaters
- Flooded basement & rising water
- Fire fighting damage
- Drying and dehumidification
- Burst and leaking pipes
- Contaminated water & sewage backups
- Content and document drying
- Carpet and upholstered furniture
Removing the Water & The Worry
With rapid response, your floors, walls, and priceless possessions can often be preserved and restored. Our certified technicians come to your home with knowledge and confidence backed by decades of field experience, along with proven water remediation techniques—perfected in our own one-of-a-kind test house—to remove moisture and promote effective drying. From start to finish, we’re with you at every step, until the last piece of furniture has been put back in place and you’re safely back in your home.
Call us today for your Residential Water Restoration Needs (559) 314-6364