Mold Remediation Services In Shawnee
Expert Mold Removal Company You Can Trust
Mold is not only a danger to your family’s health, but it can also put the structure of your home at risk! While it’s commonly and naturally found in the environments we live in, mold growth needs to be removed from your home as soon as any indictors are spotted.
Mold grows quickly within a day or two, so the sooner you have it taken care of, the less time, money, and energy you’ll have to spend in keeping things under control.
Protect Your Home & Health with Our Help
At ServiceMaster DSI, our team is ready to help your home recover from any mold damage, as well as ensure the mold is entirely removed from the property, and the indoor air quality is returned to normal.
Whether you’ve just discovered signs of mold in your home, experienced any water damage, or are experiencing cold-like symptoms that can be caused by prolonged exposure, reach out to our Shawnee mold damage restoration and removal services as soon as possible for help.
When is Mold Remediation Required?
Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in damp, humid environments. Mold can cause serious health problems, such as respiratory issues and skin irritation. If you suspect mold growth in your home, it's important to take action immediately. Mold remediation is the process of removing mold from an area. Here are four signs that mold remediation is required in your home:
- Visible mold growth. One of the most obvious signs that mold remediation is required is visible mold growth. Mold may appear as black, green, or white patches on surfaces. It can also have a fuzzy or slimy texture. If you see mold growing in your home, it's important to take action immediately.
- Musty odors. Mold often gives off a musty, unpleasant smell. If you notice a persistent musty odor in your home, it could be a sign of mold growth.
- Respiratory problems. If you or someone in your home starts to experience respiratory problems, such as coughing, wheezing, or difficulty breathing, it could be a sign of mold growth.
- Water damage. Mold often grows in homes that have water damage. If your home has experienced a flood, leak, or another type of water damage, it's important to be on the lookout for mold growth.
If you suspect mold growth in your home, it's important to take action immediately. Mold remediation is a complex process, and it's best to leave it to the professionals. A qualified mold remediation company will be able to safely and effectively remove mold from your home.
What is Involved in The Mold Removal & Restoration Process?
Once you reach out to our team by giving us a call or contacting us online, we’ll get an appointment scheduled or dispatch a team to assist – we’re available 24/7, 365 days a year for all your emergency service needs in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
During our services, we follow a proven process that has been used in thousands of homes coast to coast by a national provider:
- Consult – Once we arrive, we’ll talk about the mold warning signs you spotted and get to work on assessing the extent of the damage.
- Isolate – We always make sure to isolate the mold growth from the rest of the home by adding physical barriers and utilizing other techniques.
- Remove and Save – Depending on the extent of damage, we may be able to save some of your affected personal belongings. We’ll dispose of beyond repair items and attempt to save the rest.
- Dry Areas – Mold growth is caused by water damage, so we’ll ensure the water is completely dried throughout your home. This includes spotting the causes and preventing future growth once we’re done.
- Deodorizing – We’ll use advanced technology to scrub the air and surrounding areas of mold spores and any other impurities, restoring your home’s indoor air quality.
- Repairs – Once everything is under control, our team will complete the proper repair and reconstruction services needed around the home. Our skilled Shawnee team will recover your home’s appearance and get you back to normal in no time!
Of course, our team will be there every step of the way. We’re true mold removal and restoration experts dedicated to restoring your home to its pre-loss conditions, protecting your family and personal belongings, and restoring your life to normal as quickly as possible. Our team can even assist in the insurance claims process, helping you keep your cool during even the most stressful times.
How Long Does Mold Remediation Take?
Mold removal can be a difficult and time-consuming process, but it is important to remove mold as soon as possible to prevent health problems.
Remediation can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks, depending on the size of the mold contamination. It all depends on the type of mold, the amount of mold, and the extent of the damage. If you have a mold problem, it is best to call in a professional to assess the situation and come up with a plan to get rid of the mold.
Our professional mold removal experts perform an initial inspection of the affected area to determine the scope of the mold infestation, followed by intensive mold removal and decontamination. Ultimately, successful mold remediation depends on completing all steps promptly to ensure mold levels are controlled for the health and safety of all occupants.
There’s a reason why we’re Shawnee’s go-to provider for mold removal and restoration services – dial (913) 270-6197 to get help from the best.