MOLD REMOVAL SERVICES IN STERLING, MA
MOLD REMEDIATION SERVICES THAT PROTECT YOUR HOME & HEALTH
Mold is a highly destructive contaminant that can be found in your home, even if it is not always visible or easy to detect. It thrives in damp and wet areas indoors, and can start growing on a wet surface within just 48 hours.
If left unaddressed, mold can significantly impact your living conditions and put the structural integrity of your home at risk. The mold restoration company ServiceMaster Restore® is here to protect your home from mold damage.
Do you need trusted mold restoration service? Get in touch with ServiceMaster by Williams for help by calling (978) 616-6130 or contact us online now!
OUR MOLD INSPECTION & REMOVAL PROCESS
ServiceMaster provides professional mold removal services that are sure to get you back on track. We make the mold damage removal and restoration process simple:
Once we assess the damage, we'll work with you to create a comprehensive mold remediation plan unique to your needs for mold damage removal and restoration.
Then, we'll keep you informed every step of the way to ensure we're always on the same page and providing the best work.
With our guided expertise, innovative tools, and advanced technologies, we'll get your business up and running again as soon as possible.
Do you have more questions about our mold cleanup and sanitization process? Just give us a call at (978) 616-6130 or reach out online!
How To Spot Mold
Mold can be a difficult problem to spot, as it usually grows in damp, dark places and is often hidden behind walls or in other hard-to-see areas.
However, there are some signs to watch out for that can indicate the presence of mold:
- Musty smell which may linger around the area where the mold is growing
- You may notice a discolored patch on your walls or ceiling
- Water damaged areas
- Black streaks on the surfaces near pipes or window sills
If you spot mold in your home, call our team at ServiceMaster by Williams. We have the experience and know-how to properly identify and handle mold problems in your home.
We will inspect the area carefully to determine the extent of the problem, then take steps to remove it completely, so your home can be back to normal!
NEED MOLD RESTORATION SERVICES NEAR YOU? GIVE OUR TEAM A CALL AT (978) 616-6130 OR CONTACT US ONLINE TO GET HELP NOW!
Frequently Asked Questions about Mold
Why Is There Mold Growing in My House?
Mold is a fungus that thrives in humid environments. If you're experiencing mold growth in your home, it's likely due to high levels of moisture or humidity. Some factors that contribute to mold growth include:
- Leaks: Even small leaks can create a moist environment ideal for mold growth.
- Poor ventilation: Poor ventilation allows humidity to build up, creating favorable conditions for mold growth.
- Flooding: Even if the water has been cleaned up, moisture can remain in porous surfaces such as drywall or carpeting.
- High humidity: Areas with indoor humidity above 60% provide an environment where mold can thrive and reproduce quickly.
Some areas of your home may be more susceptible to mold growth due to their increased exposure to moisture. These areas include:
- Bathrooms: Showers and baths create a lot of steam, leading to moisture buildup on walls, ceilings, and floors. Also, plumbing leaks can create a moist environment where mold can thrive.
- Kitchens: Cooking and cleaning activities generate steam and moisture, which can settle on countertops and walls. Areas around sinks and dishwashers are particularly prone to mold growth if there is any water leakage.
- Basements: Basements tend to have higher humidity levels than other areas of the home because they are underground and often have poor ventilation.
- Crawl Spaces: Crawl spaces are often damp environments that provide a perfect breeding ground for mold. They may have limited ventilation, causing moisture buildup that promotes mold growth.
Water damage that was not properly cleaned can also lead to future mold growth. It's essential to address any moisture issues and clean up any water damage to prevent mold growth in your home.
When is Mold Remediation Required?
Mold is one of the most common and annoying problems in many homes. In addition to causing problems to the appearance of the house and damaging surfaces, mold can affect health in many ways.
Some people may experience nasal congestion, sore throat, coughing or wheezing, burning eyes, or rashes. People with asthma or who are allergic to mold may have severe reactions. For that reason, mold remediation is always necessary.
ServiceMaster's professional team has been remediating mold problems near you for years. Once the root of the problem is found, we will take action to make the mold disappear. Your home will return to the way it was before, and you'll have peace of mind knowing that your home is a safe environment.
Can I Remove Mold Myself?
It is possible to remove mold yourself, but the process can be time consuming and require special mold removal materials. Also if the mold removal is not done properly, it can lead to mold coming back or even worse future damages down the road.
Untreated mold damage can lead to:
- Lingering odors
- Structural damage
- Severe health risks
It is highly recommended to contact mold removal professionals who are experienced in dealing with mold growths. Professionals know the safest ways to get rid of mold without exacerbating a mold problem or allowing mold spores to spread.
Removing mold can be an overwhelming process - let our expert mold remediators take care of it by calling (978) 616-6130 or contact us online today!
How Long Does Mold Remediation Take?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), if the mold growth is less than 10 square feet (about 3 feet by 3 feet), then homeowners and business owners can take care of the issue themselves using household cleaners or natural solutions.
On the other hand, if the mold infestation is larger than 10 square feet, then you need to obtain professional mold remediation services.
For less severe cases, our Sterling mold removal team can eliminate mold infestation and restore your home or business within 48 hours.
However, if the infestation has affected a significant part of the property, you are dealing with toxic black mold, and/or the mold has caused structural damage, cases this severe can take several weeks to complete the job.
Get RID OF MOLD IN YOUR HOME! call (978) 616-6130 OR CONTACT US ONLINE FOR MOLD REMOVAL IN sterling TODAY!