Fire Damage Restoration in Greater Fairfield County
Fire and Smoke Damage Clean Up in Connecticut
When it comes to fire damage, one thing is absolutely certain: no two scenarios are alike.
Every fire is unique in its cause, composition, size, and waste; some fires can involve more than 100 complex chemical reactions! How these factors combine together will affect how the fire damage restoration is conducted.
At ServiceMaster of Greater Bridgeport, we offer 24-Hour Emergency Service for homeowners and property managers interested in restoring their fire-damaged building.
Each estimate includes a written quote, a professional inspection, and on-site consultation where we address any questions you may have.
Four Elements of Fire Damage:
(Click for more information about each solution.)
Fire damage restoration is a multiphase process, and it's vitally important that the process begins within hours of the damage.
Mold damage can begin in as little as 24 hours after saturation of building materials. This damage can affect all organic surfaces, and can be much more expensive than the fire damage itself. Waiting even a single day to begin can greatly compound the damage, cost, and restoration time needed.
Do's and Don'ts After Fire & Smoke Damage
What to DO:
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, open windows and doors to ventilate the house.
- Change the air filter on your furnace.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent them from tarnishing.
- Get rid of open food packages.
- Turn off the electricity and clean out your refrigerator, leaving doors open to ventilate.
- Have clothing cleaned by a professional restoration dry cleaner.
- Corrosive byproducts from fire and smoke can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call ServiceMaster of Greater Bridgeport immediately to limit this.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over important documents to capture loose soot in the air.
What NOT to do:
- Do not touch anything with your hands. Oil from your hands can cause further damage. Use gloves to clean refrigerator and fixtures.
- Do not wash the walls. This will compound soot residue.
- Do not clean carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Professional Fire Restoration Contractors in Connecticut
HVAC System Warning!
Fire damage in your home leads to smoke and soot that getting into every nook and cranny of your home.
Tiny particles that ended up in your HVAC system during the fire can lead to irritation in your lungs and possible scarring of the alveoli. Have an HVAC professional inspect your system after any fire.
Homeowners and business owners are often anxious to begin the cleaning and restoration process immediately after the fire has been eliminated. However, unless they seek professional advice, they may be doing much more harm to the structure than good.
Our disaster restoration professionals are fully trained to address the fire damage in your home and create a plan that will eliminate odors and damage, restore your salvageable property, and minimize future disaster restoration damages to your home.
At ServiceMaster of Greater Bridgeport, our 24-hour emergency fire clean up service is available every day of the year. This ensures that we'll be on-site when you need us, helping you restore your structure quickly and competently. We also offer board-up services to secure the building and keep out unwanted intruders.
This kitchen suffered from a sizeable fire, causing significant damage to the main grill and ovens. ServiceMaster of Greater Bridgeport provided superior restoration services and returned the whole area to pre-loss condition, removing all soot and the unpleasant aroma left behind from smoke damage. No matter the size of the repair, we can handle your fire damage repair project! Call or contact us today to find out more or to schedule an estimate!
We service the towns of Norwalk, Danbury, Stratford as well as nearby areas such as Stamford, Greenwich, Shelton, Trumbull, Westport, Darien, West Haven, Weston, Redding, Derby, Easton, Sherman. For a 24-Hour Emergency Service contact us today!