Water Damage Restoration in Tacoma, wa
24/7 Emergency Water Mitigation & Repair Near You
Water damage can happen at any moment and without warning. Here at ServiceMaster of Tacoma we know that damage caused by water can increase substantially if prompt action is not taken. Water spreads rapidly from the source and will take the easiest path it finds—often downward into lower floors or through porous materials such as wood and sheetrock.
Serious damage can occur to flooring, drywall, furniture, cabinetry and much more. In addition to material damage from moisture, the possibility of a mold infestation increases if the area is not properly dried.
Emergency Water Damage Restoration Services in Tacoma
When water damage strikes your home or business, you need emergency services as soon as possible. That’s why we're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for water damage emergencies in Tacoma, WA. Our skilled water restoration professionals can begin work within 2 to 4 hours of your call.
Our Tacoma water restoration professionals are highly trained and experienced. Our team has been certified in water damage mitigation, mold remediation, and dehumidification with the most effective equipment. We arrive prepared to quickly and efficiently begin water removal, drying, and restoration to save your home or business and its furnishings.
How does our water restoration process work?
- One of our highly trained technicians will arrive on-site within two to four hours of your call. After a thorough examination using specialized equipment and determining the extent of the damage, we will form the most effective plan for returning your property to pre-loss condition.
- After the initial examination, we begin the process of water removal and drying. This involves the extraction of water from all the affected areas and setting powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to speed up the drying. We will schedule periodic inspections to make any adjustments as needed.
- The last step is reinstallation and cleaning. This involves replacing affected items and cleaning where necessary. We use advance deodorizers and sanitizers to help return your property back to normal.
Trusted Water Damage Restoration Company in Tacoma, WA
From your initial phone call until the job is finished, we make sure you have a full understanding of what will happen during the water restoration process. We help you understand each step of the process, so you can have peace of mind that things will return to normal. If you need water or flood damage restoration services in Tacoma, Pierce, Mason, Thurston, Kitsap, or King County, call ServiceMaster of Tacoma.
Frequently Asked Questions about Water Damage Restoration
How long does water damage restoration take?
Water damage restoration typically takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks, depending on the severity of the damage. If the initial water incident wasn't widespread and there wasn't enough time for water to really soak into material, your property should be restored and dried in just 2-3 days. However, if water damage is more extensive and enough time has passed for materials to become compromised, the restoration and repair process can take many weeks.
Can opening windows help speed up the drying process?
Opening the windows and getting fresh air circulating into your home can help out with drying. However it's important to check the humidity levels, as high humidity could have the opposite effect.
Why is there a musty smell in my home?
Musty odors are a common occurrence during the drying process. It doesn't always indicate the presence of mold, but it is an important possibility to consider. To err on the side of caution, our Tacoma water damage experts can perform mold testing to check for the presence of mold and address them with mold remediation.
How can I prevent water damage in my home?
Avoiding water damage can save you time, money, and frustration. To help you keep your safe, we've compiled a list of helpful water damage prevention tips.
- Regularly inspect faucets, hoses, and piping for cracks or leaks.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean and free from obstructions for optimal water flow.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp areas of your home to prevent moisture buildup.
- Seal cracks and gaps in your home's foundation and walls to keep water out.
- Maintain your home's landscaping to encourage proper water drainage away from the structure.
- Install water alarms to detect leaks early and minimize damage.
- Regularly service your home's appliances that use water, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
These preventative measures can help you significantly lower the risk of water damage. If you face any water-related issues, please act quickly and contact ServiceMaster of Tacoma. Our technicians are available 24/7 for emergency water damage restoration services in Tacoma, WA.
What is water mitigation?
Water mitigation is the crucial first step in addressing water damage to your property. It focuses on stopping further damage from occurring and minimizing the impact of the initial water intrusion.
What it does:
- Stops the source of water: This involves shutting off the water supply, patching leaks, or removing standing water.
- Assesses the damage: Our technicians identify the extent of the water intrusion and the affected materials.
- Extracts water: Using pumps, vacuums, and specialized equipment, our team removes standing water from the affected areas.
- Dries the affected area: We use dehumidifiers, air movers, and other tools to remove moisture from the air and materials.
- Prevents mold growth: Anti-microbial treatments and proper drying techniques help prevent mold and mildew from establishing themselves.
- Protects the property: Boarding up windows, covering exposed areas with tarps, and taking other measures can prevent further damage from the elements.
Why it's important:
- Minimizes overall damage: Acting quickly and taking the proper steps can prevent the water from causing further damage to your property and belongings.
- Reduces potential health risks: Mold growth can pose serious health risks; professional water mitigation helps prevent this.
- Saves money: The longer water sits, the more damage it can cause. Prompt mitigation can save you money on repairs and restoration in the long run.
Water mitigation vs. water restoration
It's essential to understand the distinction between these two terms:
- Water mitigation: This is the emergency response phase, focusing on stopping further damage and stabilizing the situation.
- Water restoration: This comes later and involves repairing or replacing damaged materials to restore your property to its pre-damage condition.
Water mitigation saves you time, money, and stress after water damage. If you experience water damage in your home, it's crucial to act quickly and contact us for emergency water mitigation in Tacoma, WA. Our services can help minimize the impact and restore your property. Call (253) 201-1270 or contact us online to get started.